Monday, October 3, 2011

For your Halloween treats.....

Hello and happy Monday!  This month the Purple Onion design team was challenged to create some Halloween decor and treat containers. 

I made a little treat bag using some pre-made white favour containers from the wedding aisle of the dollar store.  They came 6 in a package for $1 so they're a great inexpensive way to jazz up your treats.

I used cut and dry foam to cover the container with orange distress ink and then stamped the front and back with the Vintage Demask backgrounder in black ink by masking off the side panels.  Then as my embellishment I took a pre-made Martha Stewart accordion fold embellishment (I picked up a few packages at a liquidation center for 20 cents each!!and changed the colour using distress ink.  I also added some extra layers of black cardstock and then glued it back together.  I then added a sentiment from the Halloween ribbons set and a bat to finish off the embellishment.  To make my container more "spooky" I used crepe paper instead of tissue paper to line the box.

Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies:
Stamps:  Vintage Demask background from Purple Onion Designs, Halloween ribbon stamp from Purple Onion Designs, Halloween Flight set (bat) from Purple Onion Designs
Ink:  Palette Noir, Ranger Distress Ink (Dried Marigold)
Papers:  My Mind's Eye
Accessories:  White party favour box (from the dollar store), Martha Stewart accordion sticker, button, Martha Stewart baker's twine, Offray ribbon

No comments: