Thursday, October 27, 2011

I'm DIE-ing to show you something new, PRIZES....and a challenge


Welcome to day 7 of the YNS holiday release AND my project for this week's YNS ABC Challenge (see end of post for more details).  Today is an exciting one as I’m sharing a little gift wrap/package that I made using the new winter stamp and die setYou can win your very own stamp and die set just by commenting on this post, all the other design team blogs and the YNS blog (visit YNS blog for a list of today's participants).

The finished package/pouch is approximately 4” x 6” and it would be perfect to hold a small gift or even a gift card.  I plan on making a few more and wrapping up an ornament and gift card for each of my daughter’s day care teachers. 


I took a white wedding treat bag (made by Wilton) and stamped the entire surface with the sentiment block stamp in red ink.  Then I coloured the trees with a green Copic (just a tip but if you don’t want it to bleed through to the back of the bag, place a piece of cardstock inside to catch the leaks---let’s just say this one is a prototype LOL!).  I then added two strips of scrap paper to the front of the bag and attached the tag with some baker’s twine.  On the tag I used the tree stamp and cut it out with the coordinating die.  No fussing around with the cutting---yeah! 


Head on over to the YNS blog and check out all the samples that the design team created with the set and don’t forget about the early bird special going on right now J

Oh, and one more thing.....this week's YNS challenge (#54) is an ABC challenge -- anything but a card-- you can make tags, gift bags, scrapbook pages, decorate ornaments...anythings goes as long as it's not a card! One lucky winner will be chosen by random.org to win the adorable Ellie Loves to Skate cling stamp (or YNS Bucks if you already have her) and the Winner Blinkie to proudly display on their blog! More details can be found on the YNS Challenge blog.  You have until Tuesday, November 8th at midnight EST to enter and you must use a YNS stamp or digi image.

Supplies:
Stamp and Die Set:  Holiday Stamp and Die set from Your Next Stamp
Ink:  Adirondack Red Pepper, Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Papers:  Provo Craft patterned papers, Georgia Pacific white cardstock
Accessories:  Basic Grey embossing folder (Sizzix), Avery mailing tag, Wilton baker’s twine, Die-namics scalloped die, Copic Markers

16 comments:

Uta said...

Your package is so great and detailed. I wish I would become such packages at christmas, but I think I wouldn't open itbecause it is so beautiful.

Hugs, Uta

Amanda R said...

Great idea! I am sure her teachers will be thrilled with the little gift bags!

Shari said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Trisha said...

Great job!! Thanks for the tip on coloring and not having it bleed thru. I am very new at coloring and planning to do a lot for Christmas so this really helps. This would make a pretty card also. TFS. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

Scrapalajen said...

OMG! Your package look soooo cuuuuute!!! I love it, really a lot! Oooh, I can't wait for Xmas!

TracyM said...

That is an amazing bag!!! Great job, and thanks for the chance - I don't own any YNS yet :( But have been thinking about it for a while.

EliMeenah said...

Oh my word! I've been wanting to make a treat bag using stamped sentiments just like this, but haven't really known how to put one as cute as this together! I love,love,love this! Thanks for the idea, I'm off to mock one up of my own for the kiddos halloween treats!

Melissa said...

AWWWWWWW- how cute! I cannot get over how much I {LOVE} me that text sentiment as a background! PERFECTION!

Heather said...

How cute is that gift bag. Thanks for sharing the idea with us.

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

I'm loving this little bag idea Jen!!! Super FUN!!!

April said...

Great bag!! I would love to do something like this for my daughters classmates!! SwEET!

Crafty Math Chick said...

This is terrific! I just love the background that that sentiment block creates! How sweet of your to think of your children's teachers! They are sure to love these!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fabulous Christmas package! LOVE the papers, stamping and inking! LOVE LOVE LOVE the embossing too:) FAB JOB! THANKS for the tip on bleeding colors--I'm new to coloring (VERY VERY new!) so this was super helpful!

THANKS for the chance to win:) sbmmhoover at yahoo dot com

Lisa (lisascraps) said...

What a lovely pouch! Cool idea for holding a small gift.

Laura said...

Oh wow....love how you match the coloring to match the paper...very attractive.
Laura

April said...

These are way cuter than the store bought bags. :)
Lynn