Thursday, October 20, 2011

Knock knock....who's there?

It's the last of my Halloween projects --- a decorative door hanger that I created using stamps from Purple Onion Designs.

For this project, I covered a pre-made wood door hanger (available at Michaels) with some orange paper and stamped on it with the vintage demask backgrounder in black ink.  I stamped the Halloween Noteblock onto the same orange paper and added that to the hanger before adding lots of die cuts and embellishments.  There are two layers of trims on the bottom --- black sheer curly trim (from the fabric store) and some pom pom trim.  You'll notice there are a few different shades of orange on the paper.  To achieve this look, I added some Ranger Distress Inks with a sponge.

You could easily adapt this design for other holidays....in fact I'll probably make a Christmas one so stay tuned :)



Supplies:
Stamps:  Vintage Demask backgrounder from Purple Onion Designs, Halloween Noteblock from Purple Onion Designs, Halloween Ribbons from Purple Onion Designs
Ink:  Palette Noir, Ranger Distress Ink (Dried Marigold and Spiced Marmalade)
Papers:  DCWV
Accessories:  Black ribbon trim (fabric store), Offray ribbon, button, black Stickles, Martha Stewart accordian embellishment, Quickutz/Lifestyle Crafts spider web and bat die, pom pom trim, wood door knob holder (craft store)

1 comment:

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Jennifer! I seriously need to get my hands on some POD stamps. ;)