Monday, October 24, 2011

Love and kisses


Welcome to day 4 of Your Next Stamp's holiday release.  Be sure to stop by the YNS blog to see today's other new release stamps and some more designer's samples.  Just a reminder that from today until Nov 2nd you will get a FREE gift with EVERY purchase plus FREE SHIPPING on all orders to Canada and the US over $30 (enter code YNSHolidays).

And now for today's project----Allow me to introduce you to the new "Family Photo" stamp.  I just totally love this stamp---it reminds me of my perfect little family (aside from the fact that my hubby has a shaved head and we don't have a dog LOL!) 

After colouring my image, I realized I wasn't digging the solid colour clothing.  So I decided to add some pattern to my image using my Copic colourless blender and drew some lines and dots onto the clothing.  This is the first time I've used this technique and I really love how much texture it adds.

I used a shaped card base (cut out on my Mom's Cricut) and just layered a second die cut circle on top before adding my image.

Thanks so much for stopping by!



Supplies:
Stamps:  Family Photo from Your Next Stamp
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Lily Bee, Neenah cardstock, Georgia Pacific cardstock
Accessories:  Card base cut on Cricut, Offray ribbon, SRM stickers, Prima flower, Copic markers, Stickles, Spellbinders die

3 comments:

Kerri said...

This is adorable! I just love how you added the patterns to the clothing~it looks like paper piecing! Super cute, Jen :)

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

Adorable shape card Jen! This family is so CUTE! Love your faux paper piecing! Great idea!

Mara... said...

This is one of my favorite card cuts on my Cricut!!! I love how you paired it with a doily and what a cute family you colored!! Great card.