Friday, October 7, 2011

Unity Friends with Flair...inside and out

Hello Unity friends!  It’s been a while since I’ve had a chance to join Friends With Flair Friday but I’m back to share a Halloween card (yep another one LOL!) I made using the October KOTM sketch. My card was inspired by one of the designer's samples.

I finished my card inside and out using stamps from the September 2011 kit (pumpkin stamp image) and the September 2010 kit (sentiment).  I made the background for my card by using the cover sheet of the Echo Park Apothecary collection (you know the one that comes with the 12 x 12 complete kit) and then layered a bunch of ribbon/trims and die cuts onto the front.  Sorry for the orange-y hue to my photo but this time of year it's very hard to get decent light for my photos (booo!!)




Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  September 2011 Kit of the Month from Unity Stamp Co., September 2010 Kit of the Month (sentiment) from Unity Stamp Co.
Papers:  Echo Park Apothecary collection, Georgia Pacific Cardstock, Recollections cardstock
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copic markers, Offray ribbon, pom pom trim, Spellbinders die, Quickutz/Lifestyle Crafts spider web die, Recollections flower

20 comments:

jackie 4124 said...

Wonderful card. Just got these EP papers. LOVE 'EM.

Kary said...

Hi Jennifer! Your card is SO adorable!! I really love everything about it. Great design, wonderful combination of papers & colours. Love the inside of the card too!! Great job!!

StampinCathy said...

Love love love this card. Love the DP and how used the fun stamps. Fabulous inside and out.

Rachel B said...

I love how you followed the sketch and brought it to the inside of the card too. Fabulous Halloween card!

michib said...

Great card! What a perfect idea, using the cover sheet from a paper pack - I'll have to remember that.

Crystal said...

I LOVE this card!!!

Beejay said...

So cute! I love the the paper piecing especially used as a fence. Great technique!

Ruby said...

HI Another gorgeous card. I recognized your style right away..Love MOM

Jingle said...

This is seriously fabulous! That background is amazing! Love it!

Linda said...

hey this too cute. I love it all. and it makes me smile too.

Sarah said...

This is stunning-- I love your work!

lydiawalker said...

great card- love how i've used all those papers xx

Emily Keaton said...

Wow, this is a really fun Halloween card! I love all the yummy Halloween goodness going on here. :)

sharon g said...

Can you believe I haven't used that stamp yet???? I LOVE IT. I also love how you used so many different papers.

jennifer mitten said...

What a fantastic card. I love all your embellishments!

Roslyn said...

What an awesome card! And great use of the 'cover sheet' - perfect use for it!

Aleks said...

Wonderful card! The embellishment is so much fun!

Pryn said...

Awesome card! Love all of the embellishments!

Jen said...

What fabby card! Love the colors, the papers, the stamps...this is awesome!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Awesome!! I love that pumpkin stamp--it's so cool the way you colored it, too. And the papers are *gorgeous*. Love how you decorated the inside!!