Friday, October 28, 2011

YNS Day 8 -- Winter Home


Today is day 8 of the YNS holiday release party.  Thank you for all your kind comments yesterday and I hope you're enjoying all the fun so far.

Today I'm sharing a simple shaker card I made using the new "Winter Home" stamp.  The design of this card is super simple---just two squares of patterned paper layered on top of each other.  The top square was made into a shaker using some faux snow.  For the window I added a scalloped ring around the edges to create a focal point.  If you would like a step by step tutorial on how to make a shaker card, check out this post on Splitcoaststampers.

Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to stop by the YNS blog to check out today's other releases, more details about the early bird sale and more fabulous samples!



Supplies:
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Basic Grey patterned papers, Neenah cardstock
Accessories:  Faux snow (by Art Glitter), Fiskars border punch, Spellbinder's dies, acetate (for clear window), Offray ribbon, Wilton baker's twine, Making Memories tag, Stickles, Copics, button

6 comments:

Mara... said...

Such a beautiful card!! I love the big bow and that house is just amazing!

EliMeenah said...

This is my fave of all the DT creations today! The patterened paper reminds me of a wintery almost Nordic sweater. Thanks for sharing Jen, keep those beauties comming!

Kerri said...

I LOVE your shaker card, Jen! So gorgeous!

TracyM said...

that is a really awesome shaker card!

TracyM said...

that is a really awesome shaker card!

Michelle said...

Wow Jennifer this is fabulous! I've been away and can see how much I've missed...trying to get caught up and everyones been very busy... :) U are definitely one of my favorite bloggers.. :)