Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Holidays!

Good morning!  Today I'd like to share a kraft and white based Christmas card I created for the Scrapscene Christmas card a day feature.

The Snowman Framed Doodle Image was stamped onto kraft cardstock and coloured with white Koh-i-noor pencil crayon and Copics. The background was embossed with a Basic Grey embossing folder and white pigment ink swiped across the surface to make the snowflakes pop out.  I added some red and green papers as accent colours and some pom pom trim to add my own snowballs :)

Thanks for stopping by!


Tip:  when colouring with white pencil crayon on kraft cardstock, I find that using a smooth cardstock really helps to achieve overall coverage (I used Gina K cardstock which is also Copic friendly).  The Koh-i-noor pencils are nice and soft and give a wonderful coverage without having to using anything to blend.  I purchased my pencils at a local art store (my local DeSerres sells them individually and in sets) and you can get them in sets at Michaels.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Snowman Framed Doodle from Purple Onion Designs
Ink: Joann Essentials white pigment ink, Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Provo Craft, Gina K Designs, Bazzill cardstock
Accessories:  Maya Road pom pom trim, Sizzix Basic Grey embossing folder, Offray ribbon, Making Memories tag, Fiskars edge punch

4 comments:

Anesha said...

What a lovely card, love the embossed background and your cute image. :)

Aimee Kidd said...

Just wanted to stop by to let you know how much I enjoyed your card! The snowman is adorable and the embossed snowflakes are wonderful! I love it all!

Gina Lideros said...

awesome card Jennifer! Looking forward to seeing what you create for our new team :)

phamil said...

Oh, this is such a cute card! Congrats on the new DT spot, can't wait to get to know you better!