Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's all about Friendship (YNS Challenge #55)

This week’s YNS Challenge (#55) is all about FRIENDSHIP.  For my project I created a card using my Super Hero Ellie stamp and the matching “super friend” sentiment.

I was reorganizing my scrap bin and I found some pieces of a comic book themed paper (from EK Success).  I decided to make Super Ellie look like she popped out from the comic pages.  I coloured her with my Copics using only grey tones (C00, C1, C5, C7 and C9).  I quite love this technique and look of the monochrome grey image --- and the best part is that if you colour from light to dark you really don’t have to worry too much about bleeding or going outside the lines hee hee.  I find the only tricky part is figuring out how many different tones to use to make the image look like it has enough "colours".

We’d love for you to play along with this week’s challenge.  All the details, rules and more great designer’s samples can be found on the YNS Challenge blog.  Ass usual Karen is offering up a great prize for the winner of this week’s challenge (Fhiona and Her Best Buddy Fhinn stamp set).  Can't wait to see what you come up with!!


Supplies:
Stamps:  Super Hero Ellie (image and sentiment set) from Your Next Stamp
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  EK Success superhero paper, Bazzill cardstock, Neenah cardstock, Kaisercraft paper
Accessories:  Devine Twine (sampler pack available in YNS store), button, Spellbinder's dies, Copic markers

No comments: