Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My little cupcake and her pink party

Hello!  Last week was my daughter’s 2nd birthday (wow does time ever fly) and we had a small party for her last weekend.  Even though the party was a bit of a last minute decision, I had to add a few of my crafty touches. 


My inspiration for the pink cupcake theme came from the cupcake dress that I picked up a few months back. We managed to convince her to wear for her portrait session but she refused to wear it for the party or for her Halloween party at daycare (oh well! *sigh*). 

I purchased the pink polka dot cupcake stand from Homesense (it’s made of a very study coated chipboard so you can reuse it).  I created the little flags for the top layer using some dies and stamps from My Favorite Things.  I’ll be honest and say I was attempting to create flags for ALL the cupcakes but I just totally ran out of time.  Scroll down for the simple directions and supplies for the flags (they’re relatively fast to make if you do it assembly line style)


My Mom created the scalloped banner using her Cricut machine.  We decorated the banner with some ribbon bows and some 3D flowers that my Mom also cut on the Cricut (from the Flower Shoppe cartridge).  The rest of the pink decor on the table was just from the dollar store. 

Instructions for the cupcake flags:
1.       Cut out flag out of white cardstock using the tail of the Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon Die & Stamp Set. 
2.       Stamp polka dots in pink ink and sentiment in dark pink ink (both from Die-namics By The Numbers and Stamp Set).
3.       Cut the number two out of dark pink cardstock
4.       Attach flag to bamboo skewer using double stick tape and adhere “2” to front of flag

Supplies:
Stamps and Dies:  Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon Die & Stamp Set from My Favorite Things (for the flag), Die-namics By The Numbers and Stamp Set from MFT (for the number “2” and all the stamps
Ink:  Palette Claret (dark pink), Ranger Distress Ink Spun Sugar (light pink)
Cardstock:  Coredinations, Georgia Pacific
Accessories:  Bamboo skewers

2 comments:

Mara... said...

It looks like a fabulous party! I love the banner and the cupcake stand. And what a cutie in her cupcake dress!!

texasjodylynn said...

How cute! :) I love the cupcake flags! SO cool. :)