Thursday, November 17, 2011

Say cheese and cheers!

Here are two quick, clean and simple cards I created last week using some of my new POD stamps.  If you follow my blog regularly, you know that my cards are usually pretty detailed with lots of layers, but I've been trying to produce some simpler cards to become more comfortable with them and to appeal to people who like simpler designs.  I will admit that coming up with ideas for the plainer (CAS) cards takes me a lot longer but then if I had to reproduce the design it would be quick.  Both of the cards in this post could be made in less than 10 minutes.

For the first card I used some Marvy Liquid applique paint to make foam for the beer (just heat it up after it dries with your heat gun and it puffs up).  To keep with the bubble theme, I used an embossing folder and swiped some white pigment ink across the top to make the bubbles stand out.  I think this would be a perfect masculine birthday or congratulations card.


For this second card I simply stamped and coloured the image onto a die cut piece of white cardstock.  To make my background look like swiss cheese I embossed a piece of yellow cardstock but then adhered it with the embossed surface down so that my "holes" are going into the paper.  


Supplies (Say Cheese):
Stamps: Michelle Clement The Wine Shop set from Purple Onion Designs,
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers: Neenah cardstock, Bazzill cardstock, The Paper Company cardstock
Accessories:  Twine from the Twinery, button, Copic Markers, Cuttlebug embossing folder

Supplies (Cheers):
Stamps: Michelle Clement Mixed Drinks set from Purple Onion Designs
Inks:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Gina K cardstock, Neenah cardstock, Basic Grey paper

1 comment:

Laura O'Donnell said...

love these new releases, and your awesome cards!