Friday, December 30, 2011

Hello and You Rock

Wow, that week sure did fly by!  I'm here today to share the last two cards that I created for my week as the Growing in Unity girl.  For my last two cards used the December KOTM sketch again as my starting point and opted for the clean/simple and graphic look.  Just a reminder to leave a comment on all my posts this week for your chance to win a Unity Stamp set.  I'll leave the comments open until 11:59 pm on Sunday (January 1, 2012) and pick a random winner early next week.

My first card is masculine and simple with just a touch of fun (love those moustaches!!).  I'm thinking it would be great for either a man's birthday or father's day.  I used stamps from the July 2011 Kit of the Month.  In order to make the "You Rock" sentiment work with my card I stamped it and then cut it into strips before adhering across the card.  I really had to resist the urge to add some baker's twine to this card but I did it LOL!


I like to call the style of this second card "Paper Crafts (magazine) style".  It's a simple graphic card with a hint of bling.  I stamped the chevron stamp from the December KOTM with a rainbow ink pad and pieced two of them together to form the image panel.  Then I matted it onto black cardstock before adding it to a white card base.  I added some black glitter letters and a scallop die cut glitter strip (created by adding Stickles to some plain black cardstock) and a piece of black ribbon.


Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Supplies (You Rock):
Stamps:  July 2011 Kit of the Month (chair and sentiment) from Unity Stamp Co.
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Basic Grey, Echo Park, Making Memories
Accessories:  Dienamics postage edge die from MFT

Supplies:  (Hello):
Stamps:  December 2011 Kit of the Month (chevrons) from Unity Stamp Co.
Ink:  Kaleidacolor by Tsukineko (Spectrum)
Papers: Bazzill cardstock, Georgia Pacific cardstock
Accessories: Spellbinder's Nestabilities die, Stickles (Gun Metal), Thickers letters from American Crafts, May Arts ribbon

15 comments:

TracyM said...

Love that rocking chair card, even without the twine! The hello card is so nice for any occasion. TFS once again.

Emily Keaton said...

Very cool cards! I love the mustaches and those awesome chevrons. :)

StampinCathy said...

What fun and creative cards. I just love the colors and how you used all the awesome stamps.

Houses Built of Cards said...

Both of those are SOOOO great!!! LOVE the way you pieced the chevrons together! Great idea!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Beautiful work again today Jennifer. I love the diversity you bring to your creations!!!
:O)
Jessica

Jessica - Layouts from the Heart said...

lol, yeah... mustaches are fun! :D

sharon g said...

Oh my gosh, the rocking chair and mustaches are GREAT together. I LOVE it.

B. Poteraj said...

You should seriously enter the rocking chair card in a contest.

SHartl said...

Wow, both of these cards are amazing, but the You Rock card is SO clever!! Love the images, the overall design...and the adorable moustache paper!

Denise said...

Both of these are terrific! I love the chair image, and that chevron is so fun! Nice wrap up for your GIU week! Thanks for sharing with us!
DeniseB

joetterer said...

Those rockers are stinkin' cute!

michib said...

Great cards Jennifer - I could totally see that second card in Papercrafts :) Awesome GIU week.

mani said...

That's called the creative work , its really great effort.The using of buttons is a good idea.
Plastic Gift Cards
Gift Card Printing

jengd said...

LOVE the rocking chair card!

Miriam Prantner said...

Fun cards! I love the mustaches/rocking chairs on the first, and the sparkle on the second. Great job this week!