Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It's a YNS holiday challenge and a blog hop

Good morning!  It’s time for another Your Next Stamp challenge (YNSC57) and this week’s theme is winter/holiday.  Today’s challenge post is a special one:  we’re showing off some of the new December release stamps and celebrating with a little blog hop.  



No blog hop is complete without some prizes, so Karen is giving away 3 gift certificates to the YNS store.  The prizes are randomly hidden amongst the design team blogs (see link list at bottom of post) so all you need to do is comment along the way for your chance to win.  AND of course if you participate in the winter/holiday challenge you also have the chance to win a Merry Mouse Wreath stamp AND a $10 gift certification (a YNS stamp or digi image is required to qualify).


Now onto my card.  I used the new holiday snow globe set to create this winter themed card.  I had a pad of some older Cosmo Cricket paper sitting on my desk so I pulled a few sheets out of it for my starting point.  I went a bit nuts on the stitching on this one (I figured I’d give my sewing machine a work out after not using it in at least 6 months) and even decided to live dangerously and sew in a circle around my image panel.  The sentiments in the set are the perfect size to use with a small tag punch so I made my sentiment into a tag and attached it to the center of my felt snowflake.


 Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be sure to stop by the YNS Store to see all the wonderful new releases (including some new stamp and die sets!!), bundle packs, the awesome variety of stamps in the Bargain Bin and the YNS Deal of the week.  Your next stop on the hop is  Dana.

In case you get lost along the way, here’s the full list of today’s participants:

Veronica – http://lk2thestarz.blogspot.com  {YNS December Guest}

Supplies:
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black, Ranger Distress Ink (Evergreen bough)
Papers:  Cosmo Cricket, Neenah cardstock
Accessories:  Sewing machine, Spellbinder’s die, Copic markers, Stickles, Darice felt snowflake embellishment, The Twinery baker’s twine 

18 comments:

Ladybug said...

That snowman - he is too cute! Great job on the sewing - yes my sewing machine does not get a workout very often either but I do love the effect!

Kerri said...

This is so adorable, Jen! I LOVE that snowman, and your stitching looks awesome!

Vanessa Middleton said...

I so need to learn how to sew. I love the look of it on cards. And I love the little bit of twine you added.

Shari said...

That snowman is just so cute! Love all the glitter! Great Job!

Patty said...

Beautiful card! Lots of things to look at on it. The colors are wonderful!

Crafty_kitten at mac dot com

Scrapalajen aka Jennyfer said...

Love the idea of a snow globe! Cute snowman:-)

Dana said...

I love, love, love this card Jen!!!

Hugs
Dana

Mary J said...

How adorable Jen! Totally love that sweetie!

Mary J said...

Love this Jennifer and fab stitching!

MaryAnn said...

love your colouring and snowflakes in your snow globe.

Oma said...

Great card Jennifer! Love the snowman globe!

Linda Carson said...

Super cute snowman! Your card just brings a festive smile!!

Jenn Zeeb said...

I love the snowman and your card is adorable!

Hugs
Jenn Zeeb

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

This is so beautiful Jen! I LOVE all your fab stitching!!!

ladybugg61 said...

I think I'm in love ... with your lovely snowman, as well as that Holday Snow Globe stamp set :-)

Trisha said...

This card is just so cute. Love the snow globe and snowman. Great job with stitching. Makes me think that I should use some machine stitching on my cards and save on glue. Thanks for sharing. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

JoAnn Heinbuch said...

Adorable ! Great job ... I want that snow globe set

Julie E said...

What great layers and all that pink stitching is the perfect touch! So cute!