Monday, December 5, 2011

Merry Monday with Distress Stains and Market Street

It's another Monday closer to Christmas and I still haven't even thought about anything Christmas related.  However, I have at least been in Christmas craft mode for the past month so at least *something* will be done LOL!!

Here's a vintage Christmas card I created using some heat embossing and some Ranger Distress Stains.  I took a piece of watercolour paper and heat embossed the argyle background with clear embossing powder.  Then I took some red and green Distress Stains, dabbed them onto my craft mat and then put the watercolour paper on top to create the background.  My colours did get a bit muddled together (which I think might be because of the type of paper I used) so if you want more defined colours then I would recommend spacing the inks further apart and maybe adding a few spritzes of water.  Then the card was finished off with some dyed binding and Authenique papers.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Argyle backgrounder from Market Street Stamps
Ink:  Versamark ink (for embossing), Distress Stain (Fired Brick and Forest Moss)
Papers: Watercolour paper, Authenique Christmas papers
Accessories: Darice snowflake, button, twine, Making Memories tag, Fiskars border punch, seam binding (dyed with spray ink)

3 comments:

TracyM said...

that is a really awesome card!

Midnightscrapper said...

Thats a great card. well done! might just have to have a bit of a play.

Tina McDonald said...

This is just so beautiful Jennifer! :)