Thursday, December 22, 2011

A set of Christmas pillow boxes

Good morning!  I hope your holiday preparations are going well---I still have some shopping to do and some gifts to put together but I'm finally feeling like I'm making progress. 

Today I'd like to share with you a set of pillow boxes that I created using the Sizzix pillow box die and some stamps from Purple Onion Designs.  You could fill the boxes with some candy or a small tree ornament or a gift certificate.  I was able to cram a gift card into them too but you lose a bit of the 3D-ness of them.

The design of all three boxes is very similar:  I die cut the pillow box, stamped on the cardstock (before assembling) to create the background and then added some embellishments.  Scroll down for close ups of each box with a few more directions :)

For this box I stamped some Christmas sentiments in two different colours using the limited edition holiday Distress Inks from Ranger.  Then I simply added a ribbon bow and a piece of a Christmas beaded pick from my junk box.

For this box, I stamped a music backgrounder onto the dark cardstock in white pigment ink.  Then I created this medallion type embellishment using a journalling scalloped circle stamp and a premade accordion sticker embellishment from K and Co.  I added a little baker's twine bow and voila....number two done.
Finally for this box I stamped some white snowflakes onto kraft cardstock.  I die cut a small white scalloped shaped and stamped the snowman image onto it (coloured with Copics).  I then added some baker's twine and a felt snowflake embellishment.

Supplies (Snow man kraft box):
Stamps:  Merriness Set from Purple Onion Designs
Papers: The Paper Company cardstock, Neenah cardstock
Ink: Joann Essentials white pigment ink, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Devine Twine from Whisker Graphics, Darice felt snowflake, Copic markers, Spellbinder's Nestabilities die, Sizzix Pillow Box Die

Supplies (Dark box with accordian flower):
Stamps:  Early 1900s Music Backgrounder from Purple Onion Designs, Circle Scallop label from Purple Onion Designs
Papers: Bazzill cardstock, Georgia Pacific cardstock
Ink: Joann Essentials white pigment ink, Ranger Distress Ink (Evergreen Bough) Limited Edition Inks
Accessories: Making Memories button and rhinestone, K and Company accordion embellishment, Martha Stewart Baker's twine, Sizzix Pillow Box Die

Supplies (Green and Red box with beads):
Stamps:  Holiday Ticket set from Purple Onion Designs
Papers: Georgia Pacific cardstock
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink (Festive Berries, Evergreen Bough) Limited Edition Inks
Accessories: Christmas bead pick (craft store), American Crafts ribbon, Sizzix Pillow Box Die

1 comment:

TracyM said...

another fantastic idea, and just so cute!!!!