Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sorry for your loss.....

For today's Growing In Unity card I used the December 2011 Kit of the Month sketch for my design and stamps from the July 2011 KOTM. I usually struggle with sympathy cards but I'm happy with the way this one turned out as it has a touch of colour that seems to sort of "brighten" it up.


To create this card I cut a piece of blue and white wood grain paper, stamped the flower image in grey and then black and then mounted the strip onto a die cut scallop.  I added a strip of ribbon to the card base before adhering the panel and stamped the sentiment in the bottom corner.  I added a nice big double bow (that was created using my Bow Easy) and a black button and voila...all done.

Thanks so much for your kind words this week and don't forget to comment on all my posts this week for your chance to win a free Unity set.  I'll post the winner early next week to give everyone a chance to finish up with their New Year's plans (including myself LOL!).  See you tomorrow with my last two cards.

Supplies:
Stamps:  July 2011 Kit of the Month (flowers and sentiment) from Unity Stamp Co.
Papers:  Lily Bee Designs, Gina K cardstock, Recollections brand card base
Ink:  Ranger Iced Spruce Distress Ink (actually is a nice grey tone), Palette Noir
Accessories:  button, Offray ribbon, Spellbinder's Nestabilities die

19 comments:

Houses Built of Cards said...

This is simply gorgeous! What a lovely sympathy card! I agree - they are some of the hardest cards to make!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Natalie said...

such pretty colors! a very pretty card!

michib said...

what a beautiful card - love the stamping done in two colours. Beautiful bow too - I bought a bow easy but haven't mastered it yet.

Emily Keaton said...

Such a beauty! Great color choices, and that bow rocks. :)

TracyM said...

I just love that bow! - off to check that site now. Beautifully stamped too.

Jessica said...

Wow, this card is truly breathtaking. I love the color choices and you did an awesome job with the stamping!!!! Gorgeous!
:O)
Jessica

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a beautiful card--love the dark teal and that ribbon:)

jengd said...

It's a beautiful card! I love that it does have a bit of color to give it a bit of pizzazz but not enough to make it "cheerful."

Karen L said...

Perfect mix of color and pattern to be beautiful but not overly cheerful! GORGEOUS bow!

StampinCathy said...

This is just stunning. Great colors and love all the details and that bow.

Crystal said...

This card is simply beautiful! I love the color combo you used. Sympathy cards are tough but you nailed this one!

Jessica - Layouts from the Heart said...

Awwww.... that is very nice, I love how the flowers turned out with the different shades!

sharon g said...

I like how your card is fairly simple--I really think that sympathy cards SHOULD be simple. So nice.

B. Poteraj said...

Your colors are soothing and gorgeous. It's a different blue than I've seen paired with brown. I love it.

Denise said...

Beautiful card! Sympathy cards are difficult to do, and this one is really nice.
DeniseB

joetterer said...

This is utterly "to die for". Serious.

Angie Blom said...

wow.. wow.. wow.. I so love what you did with the image I made for Unity.. it is gorgeous and it made my day seeing it.. thanks Jennifer.. it is GORGEOUS... like every card you make is. hugs.. Happy New Year!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Sympathy cards are so hard to make, but this is just perfect. Love the generational stamping that you did, lots of depth. Thanks!

Nasir said...

Tag and the button is very awesome and the black and white combination is also very good.
Discount Card Printing
Clear Business Cards