Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Thank you Unity style

It's mid way through my week in the "Growing In Unity" spotlight and today I'm sharing an elegant black and white card I made using one of the My Little Shoebox co-brand stamp sets (Audrey).  It's a bit difficult to tell but I used a black glitter pen to add a few highlights to my stamped image.  I kept the design pretty simple and added a pop of pink with a paper flower.

I forgot to mention but for all my cards posted this week, I challenged myself to ONLY use Unity Stamp sets that I hadn't used yet.  I actually will admit that I totally forgot I had this beautiful set sitting in my box of "still to use" stamps (insert embarrassed look here!!).  So glad I flipped through the box as I just *heart* this set.

 Don't forget to leave a comment on all my posts this week to increase your chances of winning a free Unity Stamp set AND you can also see my bio today over on the Unity Blog. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  My Little Shoebox "Audrey" set from Unity Stamp Co.
Ink: Palette Noir
Paper: Making Memories, Gina K Designs cardstock
Accessories: Spellbinders die, Offray ribbon, Recollections flower, Gelly Roller glitter pen (black), SRM sentiment sticker

20 comments:

JPScraps said...

Gorgeous card!

Emily Keaton said...

Wow! That is amazing. I love your black and white design with that little pop of pink!!

Denise said...

Lovely! Great mix of the papers and the sweet image! Love the ribbon and flower embellishment too!
DeniseB

TracyM said...

I like your version of keep it simple. So pretty. That little pop of pink is so perfect for the b&w

Amber S said...

What a great challenge. I am also embarrassed to admit how many of my poor little Unity stamps haven't been inked up yet. :\

sharon g said...

I really like your style. I guess it's MY style. Very clean and cool.

Judy said...

What a great card! Love the way you mixed all the textures. Thanks for all the inspiration.

Houses Built of Cards said...

So pretty and elegant! LOVE it!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Tricia said...

Your card is so elegant, Jennifer! but the pink flower on the gingham makes it accessible.

jengd said...

What a great card! I love the elegance of the black and cream and the prints with the great pop of pink!

michib said...

Very pretty card. I loved how you combined all the different patterns.

Karen L said...

You have such a talent for mixing patterns and textures..this is fabulous!

StampNK said...

Your cards are fantastic and I love the vintage feminine of this one.

joetterer said...

Looks great in black & white!

Natalie said...

gasp! so so gorgeous!

Jessica said...

I love the cameo silhouette in the center of the card. Beautiful!
:O)
Jessica

StampinCathy said...

WOW! I just love how you used this silhouette. Love the colors and the dash of pink on the bow. Very inspiring.

Jessica - Layouts from the Heart said...

Oh... I love the black and cream!

B. Poteraj said...

I like the classy colors and patterns. Just great.

Miriam Prantner said...

This card is so striking. Love the contrast between the gingham ribbon and tiny little polka dots on the background paper. Really pretty!