Sunday, January 29, 2012

Celebrate with WOW!

Hello!  It's CHA time again, and that means that WOW! Embossing is making it's big debut.  If you happen to be one of the lucky ones attending, be sure to stop by booth 2700 and check out all the projects using these awesome new products.

In honour of WOW's CHA debut, I'd love to share a card I made using only a piece of white cardstock, Distress Inks, die cuts and WOW embossing powders.

To create the card base I took a piece of plain white 110 lb cardstock, stamped the image twice with Versamark ink and heat embossed with some gold WOW! Embossing powder.  Then I took a Ranger Ink applicator sponge and applied two tones of blue Distress Ink all over the image leaving some of the white to show through.  I also added a bit of brown distress ink around the edges to give it a vintage look. 


In this close up shot you can see how much shine and dimension the embossing powder adds to the card and frame.  I used the regular gold powder on the background of the card and the ultra high on the frame to give it more dimension and lustre.


To create the postage stamp panel, I die cut the frame (from Sizzix) and then heat embossed with more gold powder.  The center of the frame was created the same way as the background but I applied more blue ink to the outside edges to make it stand out.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Call me set from WOW Embossing Powders (available after CHA)
WOW Embossing Powders: Rich gold (pale), Rich gold (Ultra High)
Ink:  Versamark for embossing, Ranger Distress Ink for background (Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Vintage Photo)
Papers:  Georgia Pacific white cardstock
Accessories:  Dienamics postal edge border (from MFT), Offray ribbon, Sizzix postage edge frame, SRM Sticker sentiment

No comments: