Friday, January 27, 2012

Time for another YNS Fun Friday!

Hello and Happy Fun Friday!!  Be sure to stop on over to the Your Next Stamp blog for some more inspiration and Friday tips from the design team.  For my card today I used Yippee Fhiona to create a spring inspired card. 

My tip for the day is to try stamping your image in a lighter coloured ink.  For my card I used Memento Desert Sand (beige).  When you colour the image it gives it the appearance that you hand painted it.  I've been wanting to try this technique for a while and I'm quite happy with the way it turned out.  Because I was cutting out my image to add some dimension, I added some grey shadow around the outside. 

Just for stopping by my blog today, I also have not one but TWO bonus tips for you:


Tip 1:  Think outside the box when it comes to using ribbons and trims.  For my card, I used some green ruffled ribbon to create "grass".  I've done the same in the past with white ribbon for snow.  It's a great way to use up your ribbon stash for something other than a bow.

Tip 2:  Let your patterned paper do the work for you.  As you can see the main panel (green) of my card is only one layer.  I chose a part of the paper with a floral scroll and used it in my design. 

Well, that's all for today, thanks as aways for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamp: Yippee Fhiona from Your Next Stamp
Ink:  Memento Desert Sand
Papers:  K and Company, Copic XPress It cardstock
Accessories:  twine from The Twinery, Copic Markers, Prima rhinestone and flower, ruffled ribbon, Dienamics scalloped edged die, Making Memories letter stickers

2 comments:

Tracey said...

This is so pretty Jen! I love it!

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

Super sweet card Jen and fabulous tips too!!! With all the snow falling today this spring inspired card is a delight to look at!!!
Hugs
Karen