Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WOW Wednesday

Today I’d like to share with you a heat embossed card that I created using a gradient technique and four different colours of WOW Earthtone embossing powders

To create the embossed panel I stamped the floral background in Versamark ink onto some white cardstock.  Then I applied the embossing powders one colour at a time to the stamped image before heat embossing (I applied all the powder and then heated at the end).


To apply the powder for the gradient look, I tried two different techniques. First I tried masked the image with scrap paper and applied each powder one at a time. This technique worked fine but I found that the paper mask caused some of the embossing ink to be removed from the paper resulting in uneven coating. Then I tried just holding the stamped image at an angle over some scrap paper and pouring the powder onto the image one colour at a time (dumping the colour back into the container after each colour). This method ended up being much more efficient with minimal mixing of the colours.

I applied some distress ink to the outside of the embossed image to add some definition to the panel and then I simply matted onto a piece of scalloped cardstock, added some ribbon and a button, and adhered embossed cardstock base



Supplies:
Stamps:  Flowers backgrounder from WOW! (available after winter CHA)
Wow! Embossing Powders:  Suzy West Earthtones: Paprika, Honey, Olive and Nutmeg
Ink:  Ranger Distress Ink (Vintage Photo), Versamark
Papers:  DCVW cardstock, Georgia Pacific white cardstock, Bazzill cardstock
Accessories:  Basic Grey button, SRM Sentiment Sticker, Spellbinder's Nestabilities die, Cuttlebug embossing powder, gold ribbon bow (recycled from a Christmas gift basket)

1 comment:

Sherrie Suttles said...

Love this card, great job!