Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Make a wish.....

Happy Valentine's Day!  I'm totally tapped out on love cards to share today but I do still have a few creations that were made with love hee hee.


I was recently ohhh'ing and ahhhh'ing over my Mom's new Cricut cartridge so she cut out a whole bunch of black silhouette images for me to use (from the A Child's Year cartridge)---thanks Mom!.  For this card I used the fairy image and made it into a birthday card. 

The card layout is based on the CPS Anniversary sketch for Day 15, but instead of the square panel I substituted with the round doily.  I originally tried using just the pink paper on it's own but it needed a little something to pull in the dark colour from the die cut, so I stamped the background paper with the vintage music backgrounder from Purple Onion Designs in black ink and then matted onto some black and white polka dot paper to pull the whole design together.

I can't wait to use more of these super cute die cuts on future cards.  Thanks as always for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Early 1900s music backgrounder from Purple Onion Designs
Ink: Palette Noir
Papers: Kaisercraft, Making Memories, black cardstock (Michaels)
Accessories: SRM Sticker sentiment, Dienamics scalloped edge die and ribbon die, button, Offray ribbon, Wilton doily, Cricut silhouette image

No comments: