Friday, February 24, 2012

Riding by to say hi and a YNS Fun Friday tip

Hello and happy Friday!!  As this post goes live today we're supposed to be getting the snow storm of the winter in Ontario so I thought it would be great to share a nice cheery spring card.  I coloured Fhiona Riding a Bike from Your Next Stamp using some nice bright shades of purple and pink and matched her up with some papers from Jillibean Soup.

As you can see I added a nice trail of bling behind her to give the feeling of movement to my card.  The bling swirl was actually a left over piece that I had trimmed to use on a different item.

Which brings me to my tip of the day:  Keep a small dish or container on your desk for all your little bits and pieces of embellishments.  I had to cut this small piece off of one of my bling swirls to make it work with the other project and I was left with two small curls.  I dug through my rummage bin on my desk and thought they would be perfect with my card.


As a related tip:  Don't be afraid to cut apart your embellishments or items to use as you need them.  A half a doily or a strip off some bling swirls might be just perfect for your project and you can use up the rest of it at a later time.

Be sure to stop by the YNS blog today for some more Friday tips AND there are still plenty of awesome deals in the YNS bargain bin.


Supplies:
Stamp:  Fhiona Riding Her Bike from Your Next Stamp
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Papers:  Jillibean Soup, Neenah cardstock, Basic Grey
Accessories:  Prima bling swirl, Fiskars border punch, Doodlebug rub on letters, Stickles
Copic colours
Skin:  E00, E93
Hair:  E37, E97, E49
Clothes/Helmet: BG05, E43,V04, RV66
Bike/other:  YG17, R29, C5, R43,B000, E33

No comments: