Friday, February 10, 2012

Some quick and easy Valentine's on YNS Fun Friday

Hello and Happy Friday!  Today I'm sharing some quick and easy Valentine's cards that I created for my daughter's party at preschool.  The full instructions with measurements can be found at the bottom of the post in case you would like to whip up some yourself.

Tip:  Making your own cards is a great way to use up some of your older items.  For these cards I used some papers from a slab that I bought when I first started scrapbooking way back in the early 2000s (yes, it's time to purge LOL!!).  You could also use up your scraps and create a bunch of different cards with the same overall design.

Tip:  The key to mass producing cards is keeping them simple and do them assembly line style.  To add more interest to my card I added some embossing which is quick to do, but adds a lot more than just using the plain paper (because I was using thin paper I was able to emboss FOUR sheets at a time !)



One other thing I had to keep in mind when I made these was the age group.  I didn't want to add too many embellishments or anything that a young child peel off and choke on (e.g. no buttons!)

Stop on over to the YNS Blog today to see some other YNS Fun Friday tips from the Design Team.

Instructions:
1.  Stamp cupcake image onto white cardstock, colour with Copics and cut into circle (I used a circle punch).  Mat onto red scalloped circle.
2.  Cut piece of white cardstock to 4 1/2" x 3 1/2".
3.  Cut piece of pink paper 4 1/4" x 3 1/4", emboss with heart themed embossing folder and mat onto white cardstock.
4.  Cut 1" x 3 1/2" strip of floral paper and adhere across card.
5.  Print (or stamp) sentiment onto white cardstock and cut out.
6.  Adhere sentiment banner and stamped image to card.  Embellish with ribbon bow and glitter glue.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Chocoholic set from Your Next Stamp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers: Provocraft, Georgia Pacific cardstock, Neenah cardstock
Accessories:  Computer Font (SNF Goody), Spellbinders scalloped circle die, Offray ribbon, Copic Markers, Stickles, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Dienamics die (for sentiment)

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Your valentines are adorable, Jen! The class is going to love them!