Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WOW! Wednesday. Yep it's another layout!

Hello!  Today I have a layout to share with you.  It's really nice to get back into scrapping again and I'm looking forward to catching up with the past 2 years of my daughter's photos. Only a few more hundred thousand layouts to go LOL!!

For my layout I created the background using a piece of kraft cardstock, a plastic 12 x 12 stencil, all of the colours from the WOW! Embossing Candy Counter collection and some white spray ink.  I used some white baking doilies as accents and embellished with some stamped butterflies and Prima flowers.


Since my photos were full of bright colours, I decided to create a rainbow background with my embossing powders.  I used the hexagon stencil and applied some Versamark ink to get my pattern onto the cardstock.  Then I applied all of my embossing powder colours one at a time.  After all of the embossing was complete I sprayed the paper with some Mr. Huey white spray ink so that some of the white of the doilies was pulled into the background.

Here is a close up of the top of the layout.  I simply attached a half a doily and then created a little cluster of embellishments.  As you can see I added some colour to my stamped images using some Stickles and Copic markers.

This close up shows the nice shine that the embossing powder adds to the base of the layout.

 

I used some felt Thickers to add even more texture and my beloved mini alphabet stickers.  I think I have hoarded enough of these to last for several years LOL!

Supplies:
Stamps: Build a Butterfly set from WOW! Embossing
Ink:  Versamark (for embossing), Palette Noir, Palette Fuchsia
WOW! embossing powders (Candy Counter collection):  Suzy West Cotton Candy (blue), Suzy West Whirly Pop (dark pink), Suzy West Sour Lemon (yellow), Suzy West Berrylicious (purple), Suzy West Bubblegum (pink), Suzy West Gummy Bear (Green)
Papers:  The Paper Company cardstock, Georgia Pacific cardstock, Coredinations cardstock
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Stickles, Making Memories stickers, Baker's twine from the Twinery, KI Memories word stickers, Prima Flowers, Wilton doily, Paula Deen doily, Crafters workshop stencil template (Punchinella), American Crafts felt Thickers, mailing tag, Mr. Huey white ink spray

2 comments:

Anesha said...

Great layout, love the background you created.

Jacilynn said...

This is sooo gorgeous! I love the colorful stamping! beautiful