Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A few MFT Birthday cards

Hello!  I'm a bit behind on sharing some of my recent creations, so for today's post I'm going to share two birthday cards that I created for the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club sketches on Splitcoaststampers.  The two cards are quite opposite in design---one clean and graphic and the other with a hint of vintage.

This first card is an owl themed card I made for my Godson's first birthday. I wanted to keep the card child friendly (e.g. no embellishments than can come loose) so the card is relatively simple.  To add interest to the card without using embellishments I used foam adhesive to pop some of the elements and it's difficult to tell but the cardstock I used is also textured.

Supplies:
Stamps:  By the Numbers stamp and die set from My Favorite Things (music note background, sentiment and die cut "1"), First Place Award Ribbon Stamp and Die Set from My Favorite Things (star circle and tail where sentiment is stamped)
Ink:  Palette Noir, Ranger Distress Ink (Broken China, Tumbled Glass)
Papers:  Georgia Pacific cardstock, Bazzill cardstock, Jillibean Soup papers
Accessories:  Spellbinder's die
Sketch:   MFTWSC56

For this second card I watercoloured my image (a technique that I love but never seem to do enough of!!).  There were lots of layers on the sketch so I added a darker mat around the top panel to make it stand out a bit.  I used some distress inks and twill ribbon to add a touch of vintage to this card.
Supplies:
Stamps: Pure Innocence - Something Special Just for You (image) from My Favorite Things, Pure Innocence - Birthday Princess (sentiment) from My Favorite Things
Paper: Watercolour paper, My Mind's Eye
Ink: Staz On Jet Black, Ranger Distress Ink
Accessories: Twill ribbon, watercolour pencils, Stickles
Sketch: MFTWSC58

No comments: