Friday, March 30, 2012

Introducing my first Project Life layout for 2012

So I decided to do it this year....Project Life that is.  I may not do a spread for every week but I've been good at journalling and keeping track of everything since January 1 of this year and I'm all ready produce a full album by the end of this year. 

I didn't buy the actual PL kit so instead I'm using divided page protectors from American Crafts (available at Micheals) and We R Memory Keepers that I've been collecting the last year.


So you're probably wondering why I started with February?  Well, mostly because I knew I could fill a double page spread with events from that week and I had a little problem with my photos from January so I have to go pull them off my back up drive....anyhoo......onto my pages.

I incorporated a lot of stamping into my first set of pages since my goal for this project is to use up stuff I have on hand.  It's easy to create your own journalling cards with stamps and scraps rather than purchasing some.  There are some more journalling card examples on the POD blog today to inspire you.

Several of the stamps that I used on these pages are available for a limited time in a special journalling package from Purple Onion Designs ($41 dollars worth of stamps for only $17.00). 

Here's a close up of the left hand page.  The bottom right part of the page is the typed summary of the week. As an accent on that panel I just stamped the days of the week down the left hand side. I added some hand written journalling to my photos using journal stamps and red ink.


Here is my close up of the right hand page.  I inserted our ticket stubs form the basketball game in the top right hand pocket.  I journalled about the game on the computer in the bottom right corner.  I realized after printing that I shouldn't have included the 's on the journalling but hey this is all about everyday life so I opted to leave it as is (and I didn't have another sheet of the same paper LOL!)


Supplies:
Stamps:  Date Me set from Purple Onion Designs, Days of the Week from Purple Onion Designs, Pointing Finger from Purple Onion Designs, Sweetheart Ticket set from Purple Onion Designs, Deluxe Labels from Purple Onion Designs, Circle Scallop label from Purple Onion Designs
Ink: Adirondack Red Pepper, Versafine black, Distress ink for edges of some panels
Paper: Lily Bee, Basic Grey, Georgia Pacific cardstock
Accessories: American Crafts felt Thickers, Kaisercraft mini letter stickers, Wilton doily, buttons, twine, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, Dienamics die from MFT (scallops and die on "photoshoot" photo), American Crafts (6 - 4" x 6") page protectors

No comments: