Friday, March 16, 2012

Top 'o the morning!

Dia dhuit (an Irish hello)!  Time for another YNS Fun Friday post--be sure to stop over to the YNS blog for more projects and tips from the design team.  Today I'm sharing a St. Patrick's Day I created with the cute "Erin from Ireland" stamp from Your Next Stamp.

I have a few tips to share with you today.

Tip 1:  Don't worry about having a sentiment on the front of every card you make.  In my case I could use this card for St. Patrick's Day, Good Luck or just a greeting card.  You can add your sentiment to the inside when you're ready to send it out.

Tip 2:  As you can see I created a monochrome card.  How I usually approach this type of card is to pull papers, ribbons and embellishments in the colour family I'm working with (in this case green).  Then I group them together until I get a group that coordinates and discard the extras.  In my opinion the colours don't have to match exactly but you do need to try stick to the same tones or pull tones in through the design.  So even though the shamrock paper I chose didn't really match the background paper, the shamrocks do coordinate thus making the paper "work" with my design.  Then I was able to chose the green flower that matched the shamrock paper and my image's dress.  I also used a neutral beige to pull the colours together.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Erin from Ireland from Your Next Stamp
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Neenah cardstock, Basic Grey, DCWV, Making Memories cardstock, DCVW cardstock
Accessories:  Prima flowers, Offray crocheted flower, twine from The Twinery, wood button, Spellbinder's die, Fiskars border punch, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Copic markers, Stickles

1 comment:

Tracey said...

This is so gorgeous Jen!!