Sunday, March 11, 2012

YNS March release blog hop: A tooth fairy pouch

Hi friends!  Welcome to the Your Next Stamp March release blog hop.  You should have arrived from the super duper talented Susan's blog.

This month's releases include a cute new Tooth Fairy Ellie stamp set and a totally cool new dress up Fhiona stamp and die set. Today I'm sharing a canvas pouch I made (yep, I actually SEWED some fabric instead of paper LOL!) to keep those pearly whites in while waiting for the tooth fairy. 

I stamped my Ellie image onto a piece of canvas using Palette Noir ink, heat set it with my heat gun and coloured the image with my Copics.  I find the type of canvas I used was pretty good to work with and didn't give a lot of marker bleed but you have to use a light touch and don't get too close to the stamp lines.  Then I die cut the image and matted it onto a piece of die cut felt with some fabric glue. 

The bag itself was fairly simple to put together: I just folded a piece of canvas in half, stitched up both sides and turned it inside out. I folded over the top edge and sewed it and then covered it with some white lace to hide the stitches (hey, I didn't say I was GOOD at sewing LOL!). I stamped the sentiment onto a manila tag and attached to to the bag with some ribbon. It can easily be tucked inside as shown below.

I designed my pouch to hang over a doorknob or similar.  I figured that the Tooth Fairy would be less disruptive to the little sleeping ones that way ;) I created the hangers with some twill ribbon and sewed them onth the back of the pouch by hand.


As you can see from this close up I stamped the tooth onto some white paper and attached it with fabric glue. (I found that the tooth didn't stand out well with just the canvas.)

So, here's what you need to know about today's hop.  You have until Tuesday, March 13th at midnight (EST) to hop along to all the designer's blogs (see links below).  Leave comments along the way for your chance to win the hidden blogger prize.

AND if you comment on ALL the blogs, leave your name on the Mr. Linky on the YNS blog.  Karen is offering up some great prizes again this month.  The winner will be posted on the YNS blog on March 14th.

There are also some hop specials in the YNS store and don't forget to check ou the fabulous YNS Bargain Bin while you're there for more deals.

THANK YOU so much for stopping by and I hope that I've inspired you to use your stamps for something other than cards.  Next up, hop on over to Amy's blog.
Here's the blog hop order in case you get lost along the way:


Supplies:
Stamps:  Tooth Fairy Ellie from Your Next Stamp
Ink: Palette Noir
Accessories: Canvas fabric, Offray ribbon, twill ribbon, wood button, Copic markers, felt, lace trim

30 comments:

Tracey said...

This is so fabulous Jen!! What an awesome project!!

Gloria said...

Love this pouch and what a great idea.

JoAnn Heinbuch said...

great idea to use the canvas and make an actual bag!

Bex said...

Super cute idea.
I love seeing projects that use stamps on projects...not just cards. That was awesome. I have never tried stamping on fabric...thanks for the info.

bex
http://mylittlestampinspot.blogspot.com

Bex said...

ooops.
my blog is
http://kawaiikrafts.blogspot.com/

Isoko said...

ooh, this is different. love how you put the stamp on the bag.

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

This is a fabulous little pouch! Love it Jen!

Vicki Dutcher said...

BRILLIANT! :)

Barbara said...

What a darling tooth fairy pouch! How clever of you to help out the very busy tooth fairy by making it super easy to find th lost tooth!! Any little girl will just love this.Love this image

Jenny said...

So cute Jen- I love the idea of the door hanger so you, er, I mean the Tooth Fairy, doesn't disturb the sleeping child:)

Trisha said...

Totally, totally precious. Thanks for explaining how you worked with the canvas. Your pouch door hanger is wonderful.

MaryAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MaryAnn said...

love the canvas pouch and tooth fairy stamp.

Sherry Gardner said...

I love your idea...the bag is adorable and very original...and I never thought of coloring and stamping on canvas....thanks so much for sharing this idea...it has opened up quite a few possibilities for me....

Kelli Jo said...

SUPER Cute Jen!!! Love the bag and only YOU can tell you aren't a "great" sewer!!!! LOL I'd try GLUE or STAPLES before sewing!!!! tee hee

rlovew said...

Fantastic pouch!

Sue D said...

Wonderful and cute idea--I like that it can hang on the door.

febe said...

Brilliant idea for a project. Great job!

removalists sydney inner west

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so adorable, love it

Sandi J said...

Great project - thanks for sharing.

Debbie said...

What a great idea and marvy project! I love this set.

Heather said...

What an awesome project. And another great way to use this wonderful tooth fairy set.

Miriam Prantner said...

SUCH a great idea! She looks fabulous on canvas, and this is such a better idea than groping around in the dark under the pillow!

Susan said...

Your canvas tooth pouch is adorable. Love the way you've put a handle on for easier access by the tooth fairy!

FrancineB said...

Cute project! Love the canvas and little pocket.

Shari said...

Jen, your door hanget pouch is wonderful! Smarty pants! Great job!

Mary F said...

Great idea! We leave our teeth for the tooth fairy in a little box at the top of the stairs to make it easier for the tooth fairy...now if only the tooth fairy gave the same amount at each house :) Love the bag you created!

Ann said...

What an incredibly sweet idea and love the idea of stamping on canvas!
Brilliant!

UnikeByYes said...

Jen, this is a wonderful idea!
TFS and have a great day!
Liz
unikebyes {at} yahoo {dot} com

Nicole said...

really kool idea. I love love love it. stamping on the fabric was such a great idea.