Friday, March 23, 2012

You're Fur-tastic!

Hello and welcome to another Your Next Stamp Fun Friday.  As always, there are some wonderful design team creations and tips over on the YNS blog.

For today's masculine card, I based the design on March's Sketch for You to Try and used the new Furry Dress Up Fhiona.  I'm not quite sure if I was going for a monkey or a bear but it's cute none the less :)  I made a little flag for my sentiment and attached it with a wood button.  After I had put the card together I found it needed a little something up the left hand panel so I added a row of zig zag stitches with my sewing machine.


Today's Tip:  To create a masculine card I usually start with my papers.  For this card I used some older Chatterbox papers in a plaid theme.  I find that if the majority of  your papers are masculine in theme/colour then you can get away with adding some more feminine embellishments like the ribbon bow I added.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Furry Dress Up Fhiona set from Your Next Stamp
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Chatterbox, Neenah cardstock
Accessories:  Wood button, Copic Markers, twill ribbon
Sketch:  March SFYTT

No comments: