Monday, April 2, 2012

MFT Monday: A spring cracked glass creation

Hello!  For MFT Monday this week, I'd love to share with you a vintage spring card that I created using the cracked glass technique.  For full instructions please scroll down to the bottom of the post.

I also have a bit of exciting news about this card below.  Thanks so much for stopping by!


A close up of the crackle.  As you can see I also added some dry embossing with a Cuttlebug folder for more texture.


And a big of exciting news.  You might remember a while back I mentioned I was working on a special project.  Well, I was asked to create a series of cracked glass cards for Stamper's Sampler magazine.  They used all six of my creations for a special article in this month's issue!! (April 2012 issue).  I'm super super thrilled to have my work shown in my first ever feature article.  I'll be sharing the rest of the cards with you on my blog over the next few weeks :)



Supplies:
Stamps:  Inspired by Spring set from My Favorite Things, Just My Type set (sentiment) from My Favorite Things
Ink:  Rubber Stampede Choclate Brown (for distressing), Adirondack Espresso, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark (for embossing), Ranger Spun Sugar (pink background text)
Papers:  Basic Grey, Georgia Pacific cardstock
Accents:  Spellbinders die, brads, Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE), button, lace, Prima flower spray, Fiskars scalloped border punch, Copic Markers

Instructions:
All stamps from My Favorite Things.  Stamp spring cursive sentiments in pink distress ink and bird nest image in Espresso Ink onto white cardstock, colour image with markers, and distress edges.  Apply 6 layers of UTEE using heat gun and Versamark ink, crack image when cool and adhere to doily die cut (with distressed edges).  Dry emboss teal paper with dot embossing folder, distress edges, and mat onto dark brown paper and cardstock base.  Add strip of floral paper, image panel, lace bow and floral spray onto card base.  Stamp sentiment in black ink and adhere to card with two brads.  Add strip of scalloped teal paper to bottom and adhere to card base.

3 comments:

michib said...

wow! gorgeous cards and congratulations on your feature article :) Will have to go searching for the magazine.

Anesha said...

Congratulations!!!!

CraftyMomOf2 said...

Totally STUNNING! I can't wait to try that cracked glass technique!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith