Monday, April 23, 2012

MFT Monday

Good morning!  Today I have another cracked glass card to share with you using the Inspired by Spring set from My Favorite Things. I created the script background by masking the flower image and then repeatedly stamping one of the sentiments from the set top of it to cover the whole image panel.  The full instructions for this card can be found at the end of the post.

Thanks for stopping by!


And here's a close up of the cracked glass image panel.  I love how shattered this one turned out.


Supplies:
Stamps: Inspired by Spring set from My Favorite Things
Ink: Adirondack Espresso, Memento Tuxedo black, Rubber Stampede chocolate brown ink (for distressing), Versamark (for embossing)
Papers: Basic Grey,
Accents:  Offray ribbon, Baker's Twine, Quickutz tag die, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, Sizzix embossing folder

Instructions:
Stamp floral image in Espresso ink onto die cut oval, mask image and stamp with spring sentiments in black ink over masked image.  Color image with Copic markers, distress edges and heat emboss with 6 layers of UTEE using Versamark ink allowing layers to cool in between.  Cool, crack image and adhere to scalloped dark brown die cut.  Distress edges of polka dot paper and mat onto brown paper.  Add strip of distressed and embossed pink paper down center of card.  Adhere image and embellish with ribbon and tag stamped with sentiment.

2 comments:

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

This is GORGEOUS! I LOVE this technique paired with this stamp!

Elaine said...

What a stunning card I could honestly , if I had the time ....comment on all your cards your work is fabulous you have a lovely style Hugs Elaine
I am your newest follower