Friday, April 20, 2012

Unity welcome home

Hello Unity friends!  It's been a while since I've played along for Friends with Flair Friday but I'm back to share a few cards I made with the March kit of the month.  I coloured the image with my Copics and then added some Flower Soft to the topiaries and on top of the door frame to add some texture.


A little close up of the Flower Soft.  I like how the Copic colouring underneath still shows through to add some more depth to the design.


My second card today is for the April Unity KOTM Sketch challenge. I love this banner stamp.  I just used up a bunch of scraps from the card above and added some twine and a wood button.  It's difficult to see but I added some pearl paint around the outside of the star.



Supplies (house card):
Stamps: "from head to soul" March 2012 Kit of the Month (image and sentiment) from Unity Stamp Co.
Papers: Pink Paislee, My Mind's Eye, Neenah cardstock
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, brown distress ink
Accessories:  Flower Soft, garden twine, wood button, Copic markers

Supplies (banner card):
Stamps: March 2012 Kit of the Month (banner and sentiment) from Unity Stamp Co.
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Papers: My Mind's Eye, Pink Paislee
Accessories:  Wood button, burlap twine, Viva Decor brown pearl paint pen (on star)
Sketch:  Unity KOTM April 2012 sketch

21 comments:

Houses Built of Cards said...

Both are adorable!!! LOVE the flower soft on the first one...and the second card is a wonderful take on this months sketch! Great work!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Kary said...

Wow, Jennifer, both cards look Amazing!! The door card is beautiful and your colouring is fantastic. I love the banner on the second card and the colours too. Great job! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Crystal said...

Such beautiful, amazing cards! Love the rich fall colors on the first card, gives it a very welcoming look!

Pam said...

Gorgeous coloring on the door stamp, love the papers too! The banner card is cute, hard to believe the banner came from a stamp!! Love it!

jazzy pantz cards said...

Love these cards! Your coloring is really awesome. Great colors too :-)

Ruby said...

Both cards are gorgeous.

Becky Litz said...

very pretty coloring on the door, and I LOVE that KOM card!

Becky Litz said...

Did you see your card is featured on Splitcoasts FB page! Congrats!

Sarah said...

Holy wow! This is fabulous!

Linda said...

wow this card is amazing. It look like it been put under a spot light. Those colors just shine out!

JPScraps said...

Beautiful cards! The first one...WOW!

Melissa said...

Both of these are gorgeous! Love the colors and your coloring is wonderful! :)

Eva said...

Both of your cards are stunning! Love your coloring on the door.

Marlena M. said...

Both of your cards are so pretty. Awesome coloring!

jennifer mitten said...

I love these, especially that first one!

veronica said...

beautiful coloring. looks terrific!

Gwen said...

Oh my, these are both spectacular! Love them both!

Noelle Reese said...

WOW! I love both cards but the banner one speaks to me LOL I just tried flower soft for the first time and I didn't love it. Dangit.

Julie Odil said...

Great cards. I love that banner.

BloomingPink said...

Stunning.

You rocked the banner!

Chris D. said...

Wonderful cards! Way to utilize all those scraps!