Friday, May 25, 2012

Fore You Dad

Hello and Happy Friday!  Today I have a golf themed Father's Day card to share with you using one of the "Scene" stamps and matching sentiment set from Your Next Stamp. 

Let's face it, most of the men in our lives don't appreciate need a fussy card so I kept this one clean and simple.  I stamped and coloured the image with my Copic markers.  To break up all the green I paper peiced part of the image only to realize when I was done that all of the dots looked like little golfballs LOL!!  So I took my white gel pen and coloured the ball to make it stand out more.


After matting onto some of the polkadot paper, I used a kraft tag as the base of my design and layered on the sentiment, some twine, a felt die cut cloud and a wood button before adhereing to a scrap of plaid paper.

Even though it's a masculine card I added a twine bow for that outdoor look.

My tip for today:  Check out the gardening section of your local dollar store this summer.  I got a HUGE roll of the garden twine I used on this card for only $1.  It does require some trimming once the bow is tied to get rid of some of the fuzzies but it's a great value and a "must" have for the card maker.  To make my triple bow I use the Bow Easy....another "must have"!!

Supplies:
Stamps and die:  Golf Box Scene from Your Next Stamp, Scene Sentiments Set from Your Next Stamp, Puffy Cloud die from Your Next Stamp
Papers: Cosmo Cricket, Recollections, Georgia Pacific cardstock
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, brown distress ink
Accessories:  Wood button, garden twine, white gel pen, Copic markers, white craft felt, Ranger kraft mailing tag

5 comments:

musesmom said...

cute card...esp. for those men in our lives who don't apprec-- er,I mean NEED cards!TFS.

ScrapNJeannie said...

Beautiful cards !

Susan said...

great cards!

Anesha said...

Lovely card for a male.

Courtney K said...

awesome card Jen - so many fun details!! love the dimension you added by using different colors/patterns for the grass.