Friday, May 18, 2012

Getting Moxie Fab with Angie girl on FWF Friday

Hello Unity Friends!  It's Unity Stamps FWF Friday and today I have a single layer card (shocking I know!! LOL!) to share with you using one of my new Ippity Stamps sets designed by the talented Angie Blom. 

I took a piece of thick kraft cardstock and stamped my image in Versamark ink before heat embossing with WOW! Primary Bark (dark brown) embossing powder.  I then coloured the image with some Copics and added some white accents with a white gel pen.


I masked the image and stamped over top with the She art backgrounder (from Unity Stamps) in a dark kraft coloured ink.  I decided to get messy and add some splatters for the  Spatter Technique Challenge in the Moxie Fab World  using two colours of spray ink (white and glacier blue).  I was hoping for a bit more splatter but I didn't want to ruin my card LOL!
 
And here's a side shot so you can see the awesome shine/texture that heat embossing your image does.  I also heat embossed the main sentiment to make it pop off the page.



Supplies:
Stamps:  Ippity Dream with Your Heart Set from Unity Stamp Co. (Ippity), She ART Print Texture from Unity Stamp Co (background text)
Ink:  Versamark (for embossing), Adirondack Hazelnut ink, brown distress ink
WOW! Embossing Powders: WH07 Primary Bark embossing powder
Papers: Gina K Designs kraft cardstock, Georgia Pacific white cardstock
Accessories: Prima flowers and pearl, Mr. Huey white mist spray, Tattered Angels Glacier glimmer mist, Spellbinder's Nestabilites die

28 comments:

Gwen said...

Love this! It turned out so great!!!

Sarah Mailloux said...

Perfect amount of splatter :) This is beautiful!

Ruby said...

This is a gorgeous card. Love the technique. Thanks for sharing. I love that stamp.

NoraAnne said...

This is beautiful! I just got this stamp set in the mail 5 minutes ago! So I think I have to case your technique of masking it to add a background, LOVE IT!

Houses Built of Cards said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the background - and the spattering is PERFECT!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Crystal said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love all of the shine and that background stamp really adds a wonderful touch to the card!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Super awesome texture! Beautiful!

Jingle said...

Wow! Absolutely beautiful! The shimmer and sparkle makes me happy!

mtscrapgal said...

I love the touches of white on the dress. The spattering added a lot to the design. Thanks

Toni K said...

Oh this is gorgeous!

Tonya said...

Wow this is so stunning! Fantastic job!

Chris D. said...

Love this! The shine from the embossing is awesome!

Kary said...

Hi Jennifer! This is SO Beautiful!! Love everything about it, the image the colours and texture. Perfect!! Have a lovely weekend!

JPScraps said...

Gorgeous card! I love how you did your card!

BloomingPink said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Eva said...

This is gorgeous! Love all the texture on the card.

Morissa Sweeney (SCS - stampinsweeney) said...

*scream* I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!

Scrapper Myra said...

Everytime I see a different version of this Angie Girl, I fell in love with scrapbooking. This is gorgeous.

Karen L said...

I just LOVE this image and you did a fabulous job with it! Loving all the texture and details!

shuggy said...

this is awesome!!

Julie Odil said...

She is absolutely beautiful.

Doris said...

WOW! What a fantastic card! Love the name of your blog, too.

Doris said...

WOW! What a fantastic card! Love the name of your blog, too.

Glenda J said...

This is so pretty! Love the colours. Amazing detail.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Jennifer :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp DT Call and Good Luck :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Brenda said...

This card is stunning!!!

Sandy said...

havent seen spattering in ages great to see old ideas become new again.It makes the card unique

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the "media" feel of this card -- looks awesome with the splatter on top of the bg printing