Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Moxie Fab Doily challenge: a whimsical hello

Hello!  We've made it half way through another week and I have a quick and easy card to share with you that I made for the Moxie Fab doily challenge.  I hit the jackpot a few weeks ago at a local party store and found some square, oval and other wonderful shapes of doilies for only $1 a package!!  I used part of a square doily on a recent layout and had a small strip of scrap from the bottom.  I thought it would look good across the bottom of the card so that's what I did.


All of the images are from the Stephanie Ackerman Neighbourhood collection from Purple Onion Designs.  I stamped them in Versamark ink onto some tan cardstock and heat embossed with some WOW! Embossing powder.  I added some tan twine and a sentiment tag to finish off my design.

Supplies:
Stamps: Stephanie Ackerman's - Bakery, Flowershop, Schoolhouse and Doctor's Office stamps (buildings) from Purple Onion Designs, Cracked Egg bouquet (sentiment) from Purple Onion Designs
Paper:  Stamping Up cardstock
Ink:  Versamark (for embossing), Palette Noir
Accessories:  Baker's twine from The Twinery (Flax), button, square doily (party supply store), Fiskars tag punch, WOW! Embossing Powder (Opaque Bright White WL01)

3 comments:

Tonya H said...

This is so cool looking. I love how you stamped the image in white against the kraft. So stunning.

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome!!!

Winnie said...

Love your card. Those stamps are soooo coll and detailed! I must go and check them out! Awesome. Love the use of a square doily to make trim..