Monday, May 7, 2012

Ring ring.....some upcycled cards

Good morning!  I had a super busy weekend and I forgot to show you these cards from Saturday's team post over on the WOW! Embossing blog (stop on over to see all the other Powder Puff girl's great creations).

I did some upcycling on these cards using pages from an old phone book and the WOW! Call Me stamp set.  I die cut a whole bunch of flags out of pages of the phone book and then stamped and embossed on top of them.  You have to be a bit careful when heat embossing on the papers because they're quite thin and can burn easily.

Thanks so much for stopping by!





Supplies:
Stamps:  "Call Me" set from WOW! Embossing
Ink:  Versafine Smokey Grey, Versamark (for embossing)
WOW! Embossing Powders: Suzy West By the Bay Collection - Cable Car Red
Papers:  Old phone book pages, Jillibean Soup, Provocraft, Basic Grey
Accessories:  Maraschino twine from The Twinery, button, Dienamics fish tail die from My Favorite Things, Spellbinders die

2 comments:

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Ouuuu! I love what you've done with that phone set. Phone book pages --That's pure genius. I gotta try it. I wonder if you scanned the phonebook & printed it to solve the thin thing. But then I guess half of the fun is the real texture of it. LOVE your layouts too!

Gwen said...

Super, super cute idea!!!!