Saturday, May 12, 2012

"SHE" Saturday

Hello!  I hope everyone is having a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there! 

Today I have something a bit different to share with you....it's my first "SHE" project.  I've been a long time admirer of Christy Tomlinson's "SHE" art but I'll admit that it kinda terrified me to try it on my own because I'm not much of a mixed media/ messy type.  Now of course, Unity Stamp Co. has a line of Christy's stamps available, so I decided to give it a try.  So much fun to step outside my comfort zone!


I attempted to do a mixed media looking card.  For the background I stamped the SheArt Print Texture stamp onto some kraft cardstock in kraft-ish ink and then use my Mr. Huey white ink spray (LOVE this stuff).  I then paper pieced the "She was a daughter" stamp with some of the Pink Paislee "SHE" papers and coloured the rest with my Copics.

I added a touch of bling to my creation with some Stickles and a glitter "dream" sticker and then another strip of the She text across the bottom.  I can't wait to try some more "SHE" type creations and I might even try some mixed media so stayed tuned :)

Supplies:
Stamps:  SheArt Print Texture stamp from Unity Stamp Co., SHE was a daughter from Unity Stamp Co.
Paper: Pink Paislee She Art (6" x 6") pad, The Paper Company kraft cardstock
Ink: Adirondack Hazelnut, Palette Noir, brown distress ink
Accessories:  Fiskars scalloped edge punch, red twill ribbon, Stickles, KI Memories "dream" glitter sticker, Studio Calico Mr. Huey white spray mist, Copic markers

No comments: