Monday, May 28, 2012

Strike up the grill! Going gingham with Moxie Fab

Hello and Happy Memorial Day to all my American friends.  In Canada we celebrated Victoria Day last weekend which to me means the kick off to outdoor fun and BBQ season.

Here's an invitation I created using lots of gingham (for the Moxie Fab Gingham challenge).  When I was colouring the images for this I was thinking of the classic red checkered table cloths that are used at picnics and used that for my inspiration.  All of the images were coloured with my Copic markers and cut out.  I then arranged them onto the main panel and stamped out my sentiment at the bottom.  The red white and blue theme would also lend itself well to 4th of July or Canada Day celebrations.

Thanks for stopping by!




Supplies:
Stamps:  Michelle Clement "BBQ set" from Purple Onion Designs
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Lily Bee, Provocraft, Neenah cardstock
Accessories:  twine from The Twinery, button, Fiskars border punch, Copic Markers

3 comments:

Tonya H said...

This is wonderful. Makes me want to go on a picnic.

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this!!!!

Laura O'Donnell said...

this is fantastic!