Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WOW! week at Paper Crafter's Library (and some chances to win!!)

WOW! Embossing Powders are being featured this week over on the Paper Crafter's Library blog.  For the feature, I created a layout and used some glitter embossing powder to add bling to some pre-made scrapbooking flowers and chipboard letters.  I also used some dark pink embossing powder to create a doily photo mat. 
So now is your chance to win some cool stuff.  I'm giving away a three month free membership to Paper Crafter's Library (for more information about PCL, just scroll down to the end of my post) AND you can also win some WOW! products.  To win the free membership to PCL, just leave me a comment and I'll draw a winner on Friday. To win some WOW! products.....hop on over to the Paper Crafter's Library blog and leave a comment AND check out the WOW! blog and Facebook page for even more chances to win!!

Here are a few peeks of my project:






A Bit About Paper Crafter’s Library:

The world of paper crafting is HUGE! Whether you are a beginner, or you’ve been creating for years, the sheer number of different products, tools, techniques and project ideas can be overwhelming.After spending 6 years helping thousands of paper crafters around the world become more successful in the creative space through her series of kits, digital tutorials and online classes, Andrea Walford began looking for a new approach to education. In 2011 she launched Paper Crafter’s Library – the first, and still to this day, only website that provides an all-in-one learning solution for paper crafters. With almost 800 videos currently in their library and 4-5 new videos added each week, Paper Crafter’s Library offers comprehensive training on products, tools, techniques, and project ideas. From beginner through to advanced, whether your interest is in stamping, card making, scrapbooking, creating 3D items or altered art – you’ll find all the resources you need to navigate the world of paper crafting in ONE place, organized and indexed so that it’s quick and easy to find.

Supplies:
WOW! Embossing Powders:  Suzy West Candy Counter Collection - “Whirly Pop” (SW-WK00), Neutral Ultra Shimmer (SW-WS02)
Papers:  Fancy Pants Designs (Wishful Thinking Collection), Recollections (green polkadot)
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress embossing ink (Ranger Industries)
Accessories:  Rectangular paper doily (party supply store), Heidi Swapp Chipboard Letters, Prima burlap flowers, Prima pearls, “Blossom” baker’s twine from The Twinery, manila mailing tags, Kaisercraft mini letter stickers.

42 comments:

Tonya H said...

I do not think they have posted today yet, so I can't see your whole project but I will check back in a bit. By what I can see on your blog it is great. So much texture on the mat. Thanks so much for the inspiration. Looking forward to seeing the entire project. Have a super day!

Tonya H said...

I just had to come back and tell you that your layout is beautiful. It is posted now. I was in awe of how great it is. Super job!

Bunnyfreak said...

Love your project.

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy said...

Jennifer!!! Your layout is over the top lovely!! Thank you so very much for sharing and allowing me to glean from you---huge hugs!! be blessed
~Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com

cathy said...

The letters on your scrapbook page really shine with the glitter and I like how you embossed a doily.

Debbie said...

the doily is fantastic great job thanks for the inspiration
upnurse at aol dot com

Liz said...

As always amazing.

Liz said...

As always amazing.

Lucy said...

I just came over from your day of sharing at PCL. I'm not a scrapbooker, but you showed some great techniques and ideas that are easily translatable to any papercraft. Thanks for being part of this fabulous week of partnering by 2 great companies. I'm learning a lot and my shopping list is expanding day by day.

Brenda said...

Jennifer, thank you for sharing your talent at PCL. I absolutely adore your layout. It has such a bright, vibrant color and your use of the embossing powders is fabulous. I love that they are so versatile. Thanks for so many terrific tips!

Maureen Hayes said...

This is a lovely project, I am sometimes a bit overwhelmed by the amount of talent out there!! I REALLY need to win the 3 month membership to PCL because I am fairly new to scrapbooking and card making and could learn so much from their videos!!

Thanks for the chance to win and thanks for sharing your project with us!

Have a great day,
Maureen

Linda R. said...

Great layout! The picture is precious!

Kathie said...

I love your idea of embossing a store-bought paper doily to make it the color that you want it to be. I will definitely give this a try as I love the option of having a decoration or embellishment that fits the design perfectly. Thanks for sharing! You do beautiful work.

Ann said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely layout and embossing ideas. I never would have thought to emboss a paper doily, but the effect is gorgeous!

Sharon said...

Your layout is really beautiful and full of great ideas I have not tried. The WOW powders are amazing!

SaraBug said...

Thanks for sharing your great embossing ideas.

Isabel Z said...

What great embossing ideas. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sandy said...

this brings back memories of a teddy bear party I hosted once nice project

Dianal said...

Love your layout Jennifer. I recently started using the WOW embossing powders and really like them. Thanks for an opportunity to win your great give away ... what a great prize to win ...

Debbie said...

I visited your blog and loved so many of your projects, especially the layouts. I liked how you included embossing in many of them. Thank you for the chance to win a 3-month trial for PCL. I would love to explore their site more.

musesmom said...

I started out as a scrapper, then branched out to card making and altering. I've never used embossing in my scrapbooks, but after seeing yours, I'm going to try it. Thanks for the inspiration!

nzillingworth said...

Amazed at the range of colours in the wow powders so go with any project you do. I think i need these lol

Reva said...

WOW! is right! Great stuff!

JLBates said...

It constantly amazes me all the great things you all come up with. This is too cute.

idsportsmom said...

Your bright colors are fantastic and the red embossed doily is to die for. What a genius idea! I will be using this idea on my next project. WOW!!!

rosie452012 said...

Love the butterflies. I'm a newbie to card making!Thanks would love to get a chance to win!

Jan Farring said...

Such texture in your creations!! WOW

Thanks so much for your artistry!!

whitneymaryann said...

Fun scrapbook page (especially cute photo). Such a wealth of creative ideas this week and all using the WOW products just a bit differently.

patti said...

I would love to win this membership so I can become as talanted as you!

Joanne said...

All I can say is Wow!
:)

Diane said...

I love the embossing you did on the doily, flowers and chipboard letters. What an inspiration you are to all of us.

jaqthebrat said...

love what you did Awesome job congrats on PCL

Maggy_Tronche said...

Super beautiful this layout!!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Big Hugs.. Maggy :)

Pam said...

Very nice! I'm always looking for new ideas for scrapbook pages - love the colors, too!

Jonia said...

I just love this. Such a cool way to create something beautiful and that is exactly what you did.

Kg momma said...

Simply beautiful layout!

Judy DiScipio said...

Very nice layout. :)

Diane Caron said...

Beautiful project! Thanks for sharing your talent!!

jasann said...

love your layout and the colours!!! great job!!! thanks for sharing with us

Angela Nebinger said...

Would love to win this 3 month membership.. I've been on the fence for a while.. Thanks for the opportunity :)

hehjude said...

Darn, I missed it! My computer is at the doctor!...:(