Thursday, May 17, 2012

YNS Fun Friday (on Thursday) with Flying High Fhiona

Good morning!  It's a day early this week, but it's time for another YNS Fun Friday post.  Today I have a nice bright birthday card for you using Flying High Fhiona.


I have two tips to share today:
  • It's hard to see in my photo but I added some Glossy Accents to the balloon, the heart and the center of the flower in Fhiona's hair.  Adding Glossy Accents adds a nice shine and more texture to your cards.  I recently was able to buy some Glossy Accents in a small bottle (same size as Stickles bottles) so it makes it easy to keep on your desk and use more often than the larger bottle.
  • My second tip for today is to take a new look at your die/stamp sets and see what else you can use them for.  For my card I used the die that comes with the YNS Small Postcard stamp set.  When you cut it out it's own without the stamp it makes a great little scalloped mat (I can't take 100% credit for this idea as someone at Scrapfest pointed this out while I was helping out at the YNS booth).  Another idea might be using the tree die from the YNS Holiday Dies set to make a banner.  I'll have to try that one later :)
Be sure to stop on by the YNS blog for more fabulous creations from the design team.

Supplies:
Stamps: Flying High Fhiona from Your Next Stamp, Basket Animals (sentiment) from Your Next Stamp
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Basic Grey (Indie Bloom 6 x 6), Neenah cardstock
Accessories:  Glossy Accents, Copic Markers, Small Postcard Die from Your Next Stamp, baker's twine from The Twinery, Prima rhinestone

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Ohhhhh....wow! Love this card. It has such a bright, HAPPY feeling!