Friday, May 11, 2012

You are such a joy (Unity NSD Sketch Challenge)

Hello Unity friends!  Today I’d like to share with you the scrapbook layout I did for the Unity NSD sketch challenge.  I used two of favourite Unity Stamps on this one:  the banner from the March Kit of the Month  and the “Smiles” sentiment from the Donna Downey Insightful Meadows set (along with a few others).  All of the papers are from My Mind’s Eye (LOVE LOVE LOVE this line ---- must.buy.more LOL!) with the exception of the doily in the background which is from Wilton.


I hand cut out some of the Polaroid type frames from one of the sheets of paper in the collection and then printed my photos to fit inside (that was no easy feat let me tell you!!).  I also used some Photoshop Actions from The Pioneer Woman to make my photos look aged to blend with the paper.  I also modified the sketch a little and used some hexagon paper under my photos instead of the scallops like in the sketch.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Donna Downey Insightful Meadows set ("Smiles" sentiment) from Unity Stamp Co., March 2012 Kit of the Month (Banner) from Unity Stamp Co., July 2011 Kit of the Month (On this day), year.o.graphy- banners (Be Happy on photo) from Unity Stamp Co.
Papers: My Mind's Eye (Follow Your Heart - Be Happy Collection)
Ink: Versafine Grey
Accessories: grey baker's twine (The Twinery), Prima flowers, Wilton doily, American Crafts Thickers, Cosmo Cricket clear number stickers
Photoshop Action:  The Pioneer Woman "Soft and Faded" and "Quick Edge Burn" Actions

22 comments:

Kary said...

Oh Jennifer, I Love your layout when I saw it on Splitcoast stampers! It's absolutely Gorgeous! Such delightful colours and love every detail on it. Great job!! {hugs}

JPScraps said...

Wow! Fabulous layout!

Gwen said...

Ditto Kary! Your layout is definitely one of my favs of the challenge!!

Ruby said...

Love this layout. Of course, my Granddaughter is the star feature.

Jessica said...

so very pretty. Love all the details and great job using up all those stamps!
:O)
Jessica
Happy FWF Friday!

Gina Lideros said...

I love this line too, your page is so fun. Love the banner Jen!

michib said...

what a beautiful layout.

Jen said...

This is beautiful! Love the soft colors!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

A great scrap page for a sweet little lady!

marilyn said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your layout. Love the doily, all of your stampin...and I love this line of paper as well. GREAT JOB!

Linda said...

wow I am speakless this is beautiful.

BloomingPink said...

THIS IS AWESOME.

Everything about this design is just incredible.

And those pictures are just too sweet!

Shilo said...

Oh wow!! This is so, so beautiful!! I love it!

Eva said...

Your layout is beautiful, and your little girl is adorable.

Becky Litz said...

This is such a beautiful layout, I have been to your blog many times and I am always inspired. There is definitely some tough competition for this Guest designer spot! good luck!

Julie Odil said...

Wow, what a beautiful layout! I love it!

Amy said...

Stunning!!

Angie Blom said...

This is just gorgeous Jennifer!! I love how the stamps worked perfectly with the sketch ... Now I need this paper in 12x12,!
Love love this!

Emily H said...

Adorable layout!

Gwen said...

Congrats on winning the contest!! Not surprised at all that you were chosen as the winner, totally rocked this layout!!

Scrapper Myra said...

Great LO! Love that you used so many stamps. Congratulations for being a winner.

Maria Levine said...

Beautiful layout! And big congrats to you!