Friday, June 29, 2012

Bring on the BBQ!

Good morning!  It's the start to the Canada Day long weekend so I thought I'd share with you a BBQ themed card for Your Next Stamp's Fun Friday.

For my nice bright card I coloured this great image with my Copics.  Then to make my BBQ look like metal I added some glossy accents over the image (sorry but I forgot to take a detailed image so you'll have to believe me LOL!).

And now my tip for today:  I often have the urge to put bows on everything so for this card I made a baker's twine bow but then cut the loops open.  I think it's an interesting way to add ribbon or twine on more masculine cards.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend (and 4th of July week for all my American friends)!!  Stop on my the YNS blog for more great design team creations and tips.

Supplies:Stamps:  BBQ Box scene from Your Next Stamp, Scene Sentiments set from Your Next Stamp
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Bazzill, DCWV, Neenah cardstock
Accessories:   Baker's twine from the Twinery, Copic Markers, Glossy accents, Cuttlebug Embossing folder

1 comment:

wendy said...

really fun card, love the embossing in the background