Monday, June 4, 2012

Howdy Friends!

Today I have a western-themed card to share with you that I created using my new Pure Innocence Cowgirl stamp set from My Favorite Things and some Cosmo Cricket Wanted papers (which happens to be one of my all time favourite lines of paper!).



I coloured the image with my Copics and then paper pieced her outfit with some small scraps of paper. I adhered the image with some foam adhesive tape to add some dimension and also embossed the background paper with a wood grain embossing folder for some texture.  In keeping with the theme of my card I used some burlap garden twine as my accent bow and added a wood button to the center.

The card design is based on the sketch for this month’s guest designer contest over on Splitcoaststampers.



Supplies:
Stamps:  Pure Innocence Cowgirl set from My Favorite Things
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa, Palette Noir (Sentiment), brown distress ink
Papers:  Cosmo Cricket, Neenah solar white cardstock
Accessories:  Wood grain embossing folder (Darice), Silver gel pen (belt buckle), Copic Markers, Spellbinder’s die, Dienamics File Tab Die, wood button, burlap twine, Fiskars scalloped border punch

3 comments:

CraftyMomOf2 said...

LOVE this Jennifer!!

Tonya said...

This is great!! I love those papers and the colors. The image is so cute. Really fabulous job!

Jenny said...

Loved this card Jen- I really thought you had it in the bag with this one!!! definitely my fave of the entries;)