Saturday, June 16, 2012

Turning a 49 cent necklace into something WOW!

Hello!  Welcome to the Powder Puff Girls WOW! Embossing Powder blog hop.  You should have arrived from the talented Jan's Blog.  If you get lost along the way, please stop on over to the WOW! blog for the full blog list and some sneak peeks.

Blog hop starts on June 16th at 8am PST and ends on June 22nd at 8am PST. The winner will be posted on the WOW! Blog on the 22nd. A fabulous WOW prize package is up for grabs.  In order to win please leave a comment on all of the participating blogs and then hop on over to the WOW! Blog to tell us what your favorite color of embossing powder is.

And now onto my project........Take this 49 cent clearance pre-made necklace from the clearance aisle at Michaels:



Add some WOW! stamping and embossing powders and you end up with this.  I simply stamped on the shell surface with some Versamark ink and WOW! stamps and then heat embossed.  WARNING.....the surface gets REALLY hot, so be careful when you emboss on non-paper surfaces!!  Then I added some Stickles for a hint of glitter, a metal charm and a ribbon bow.:



And a few close ups:





Next up on today's hop is the talented Katerina.  Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Supplies:
WOW! Stamps:  Call Me set (script stamp), Brocade backgrounder
WOW! Embossing Powders:  WH00 Primary Ebony (black), WC05 Silver
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  pre-made necklace from Michaels dollar bins, Stickles, Offray Ribbon, Heart charm

18 comments:

Tonya said...

Oh wow Jennifer, this is fabulous! Super creative and it turned out gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing this great idea.

Brenda said...

Wow, wow, wow. I love how you altered this necklace. It is so lovely and I love that you got it at a bargain!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Ooo I love the look of this and your stamps!

hilde janbroers said...

great item!! you've done an amazing job@@

Scrapbookdoll said...

This is really a wow necklace...now it is much more value than 49 cent
Marie-Anne

Leah Ann Gast said...

I love this necklace, so pretty! Thanks for sharing...hugs! Leah Ann

Tanya said...

Wow, what a bargain beauty! Love what you done with it!!

julie e said...

What a transformation!

Maureen Hayes said...

Oh my goodness, what a difference the embossing powder made to this piece. It went from drab to fab!

I just learned about WOW and your wonderful products a few weeks ago over at Paper Crafter's Library. Since then I have wanted to own some of your products to use on my projects. I am so happy to see this blog hop and to be able to enter to win some of the very products I was wishing for!

Thanks for participating and making it possible for me to enter to win!

Have a wonderful weekend.

DASjes said...

Hi Jennifer, that necklace really is Wow! The wheels in my head are spinning in full speed right now: I've got some old necklaces with wear down elements... Hmmm... maybe I can turn them into something gorgeous with your idea.... Love it! Thanks!
Bye, Diane Bosscher-Struik

rlovew said...

What a beautiful necklace- you did an amazing job with it.

suzieque said...

I can't believe what a difference that made!!! WOW!!! I love the thought of turning something that I wouldn't use into such an amazingly beautiful item!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous necklace! Very creative!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow - that is gorgeous! I had a shell pendant that I never wore - I hope I can find it and perform some magic like yours!

Linda R. said...

Great use of embossing powder! Thanks for sharing. I would never have thought of using it this way.

Julie Garcia-Matus said...

Love the before & after photos! Being creative, it's a powerful thing!

Sharon Roselli said...

wow How did you think of doing that! it turned out beautiful. great job

Ava Gavloski said...

Jen, you get the bravo award for pushing WOW off the page. i want to do this too!!!