Thursday, June 21, 2012

A vintage Stacey Yacula Thank You

Hello!  I've been a bit of a slacker on the blogging lately---no excuses just busy with summer and not spending as much time in my craft room to actually make projects.

Today I'm sharing a card that was a bit of an experiment for me.  I created this vintage inspired card using only distress inks and three colours of Copic markers.  To create the background I stamped the music backgrounder in Hazelnut ink and then used a sponge and two colours of Ranger Distress Ink to create the shading.  Then I stamped my images onto some white cardstock and used my sponges to tint them.  I like the effect and it's a whole lot faster than using markers for large surfaces.  I accented the image with some white gel pen and used green, pink and greyish Copics to finish off the grass, flowers and the snail's face.  All in all I liked trying the new-to-me technique and I'd definitely like to give it a try again.

As you can see it's pretty easy to achieve shading even with using a sponge and ink....give it a try sometime!

 

Supplies:
Stamps: Stacey Yacula "The Sweetest Day" stamps (Tucker the snail, Toadstool and Sweet Offerings sentiment) from Purple Onion Designs, Early 1900s Music Backgrounder from Purple Onion Designs
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink (Vintage Photo, Antique paper), Adirondack Hazelnut (for music background), Memento Rich Cocoa
Papers: My Mind's Eye, Neenah cardstock
Accessories: Manila mailing tag (Avery), wood button, twine, white gel pen, Copic markers

2 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cute!!!

Ava Gavloski said...

ha yes, lovely card, thanks for sharing