Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hip Hop and SMAK Thursday

Hello Unity friends!  Time for another Hip Hop Thursday and today I have a layout for you that I created with the July 2012 SMAK kit.  You'll also see I used the totally awesome polairoid frame from the May 2012 Kit of the Month....I'm obsessed with that thing LOL!  For a full list of today's hop participants, check out the Unity blog.

This is my first ever SMAK kit and I'm in LOVE. The stamps are HUGE and just perfect for 12 x 12 layouts like this.  I was even able to create my own shapes (e.g. the banners) using some of the stamps from the kit.  (My photo is a bit on the bright side...that's what happens when you try to take photos at light with artificial light----sigh).


I heat embossed that pretty medallion with some puffy WOW! Embossing Powder and then cut them out and used them as an anchor for the layout.  I then used the dotted flag stamps to make strips for my title and also trimmed them to make my own banners.  I wanted to keep my layout as masculine as possible so I kept the embellishments to a minimum and just used a bit of twine.

Here are a few close up shots......



Supplies:
Stamps:  July 2012 SMAK Kit (medallion, banners) from Unity Stamp Co., May 2012 Kit of the Month (Polariod Frame from Unity Stamp Co.
Ink:  Versafine Grey, Versamark for heat embossing
WOW! Embossing Powder:  Suzy West By the Bay Skyline Grey (Puff) from WOW!
Papers:  My Mind's Eye
Accessories:  Baker's Twine from the Twinery, American Crafts vinyl Thickers, Carolee's Creations mini letter stickers

15 comments:

Anesha said...

super layout.

Lisa H. said...

what a great page! love the colors and the twine and the beautiful stamps. looks great!

Angie Blom said...

Wow this is amazing!! Also the first time I see my medallion stamp being used!! Love it!

Miriam Prantner said...

Those medallions are fantastic! So bold, they are perfect!

eryn hagen said...

LOVE every single element within this layout...YOU ROCK!! :)

pennykitz said...

you do great work!!

Ruby said...

Lovely layout.

Carisa said...

absolutely LOVE this layout!!! Great colors and use of the doily stamp!

My Angel said...

Nice layout!!

Marília Lopes said...

Gorgeous layout!!

Linda said...

This is very neat I like it a lot great prjoct.

Jessica S said...

Jennifer...this is beautiful. Very masculine and I love that close up of the embossed medallion. Maybe I need to be heading over to get me some WOW!!!
:O)
Jessica S
New follower from the Hop
...since Blogger apparently decided we couldn't be friends anymore...LOL

Thienly Azim said...

I love this layout so much! All the details and the colors... SO GORGEOUS! Loved having you as our guest designer this month! :)

mtscrapgal said...

All the trimmings you added to this LO make it a perfect masculine page. Great job, Jennifer. Thanks

mlady012 said...

Ok now you're showing off...ha! Great use of stamps, again..you've inspired me to look at what else my stamps can do!!Thanks!