Friday, July 13, 2012

It's YNS Christmas in July Fun Friday!

Welcome to another Your Next Stamp Fun Friday.  We’re switching things up a bit and sharing projects with a different theme each month.  This month theme is Christmas in July…. it's never too soon to get started on those holiday cards/projects.  Be sure to stop by the YNS blog and the Splitcoaststampers forum to see all the other design team creations.

Today I have two quick and easy card to show you that I created using the new Fun Flower Scallop stamp and die set and the Holiday Snowglobe stamps. 

When I’m creating holiday cards to mass produce I try to keep them simple and mail-able (e.g. not too lumpy and bumpy).  As you can see, I used the exact same design for my cards but just switched up the orientation which makes it really easy to create a lot of the same card with the same products but at least you get a bit of variety for your stash. 


 The snowman card is the “easy” version which I created in less than 5 minutes.  I stamped the snowman image onto some white cardstock, coloured and punched out with a 2" circle punch before adhering to the Fun Flower Scallop stamp (the 2" punch fits exactly in the center of the scallop stamp!).  I embossed my background with a snowflake motif embossing folder and matted onto some green paper for the card base.  I added some fishtail die cuts to the card base before attaching my scalloped image and then finished it off with a baker's twine bow and a sentiment tag.

The Santa card is my more “advanced” version (but still quick) if you have a bit more time to create.  The card was created exactly the same way as the snowman card above but I spent a few more minutes adding some sparkle with Stickles and hand cutting out the Santa and adhering to patterned paper circle.  I also used the exact same card base but flipped it to slightly change the look. 

Hope you enjoyed these quick cards and I'll be back in two weeks with some other fun YNS Christmas in July projects for you!

Supplies:
Stamps and dies:  Fun Flower Scallop stamp and die set from Your Next Stamp, Holiday Snowglobe Set (Snowman and Santa) from Your Next Stamp
Ink:  Adirondack Red Pepper, Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Provocraft, Georgia Pacific white cardstock, Neenah Cardstock
Accessories:  Devine Twine, Making Memories Christmas tags, Copic Markers, Stickles, Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder, Dienamics Fish Tail Dies from MFT

3 comments:

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.com) said...

Love your cards.... followed you here from the Paper Boutique!

wendy said...

these cards are so precious, love the embossed background, fits perfectly!

Tonya said...

Super cute. They have me in the mood for Christmas.