Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sending blessings on Unity Hip Hop Thursday

Hello friends and welcome to the last stop on the Unity Stamps Thursday Hip Hop.  Today I have a card for you using the Phyllis Harris Every Breath set.   I love this image and the two sentiments that come with it and I've been wanting to ink it up for while so here you go!


I kept my design pretty simple for this card so I could showcase this fabulous stamp. I coloured the image with my Copics and paper pieced her dress.  It's a bit hard to tell form the photo but I used some blue chalks to create my background.  It's a really quick way to create a sky background without having to use a ton of marker ink.

Completely unrelated to the creation of my card ----- but I've been playing around a bit with the backgrounds in my photo studio tent.  For this card I chose a yellow/off white tone to photograph against and I like the contrast a whole lot better than just the white background.  I'll definitely be trying out some more coloured backgrounds on my cards that have lots of white.

Thanks so much for stopping by and now I'll sent you back to the Unity Blog.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Phyllis Harris Every Breath set from Unity Stamp Co.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  My Mind's Eye, Neenah cardstock
Accessories:  Offray ribbon, Copic markers, Fiskars scalloped edge punch

6 comments:

Laura Jane said...

I simpley HAD to PIN this one...GORGEOUS!

Linda said...

I love cute image and Gorgeous colors super cute!

zehra said...

wow, awesome, love the coloring and the paper piecing, loved how you did the frame

Lisa H. said...

I do love this stamp. she's so cute. love your card.

mlady012 said...

Great card. Love the colors.

andrea said...

The piecework dress brings life to the card...wonderful work, great card.