Friday, July 27, 2012

Your Next Stamp Christmas in July Fun Friday!

Good morning!  It's time for another YNS Fun Friday and as I mentioned this month's theme is Christmas in July.  You can see more wonderful creations from the design team over on the blog and in the Splitcoaststampers forum.

Today I have a Christmas treat pouch that I created using an up-cycled paper bag and some cute stamps from Your Next Stamp.  I wanted to show you how you can use a stamp that might not necessarily be for Christmas and use it for that purpose.  To Christmas-ize the Basket Animals set, I just coloured the balloons in the image red and green and then added some snowflake stamps to the middle.

On the actual striped paper bag I added some patterned paper and a To: From: tag.  The basket animal is a removable tag that I created using an Avery mailing tag.

I hope you enjoyed my post today.  Watch my blog on Fridays in August where the theme will be birthdays!
Supplies:
Stamps:  Basket Animals set (balloon basket and animals) from Your Next Stamp, Fancy Frame set from Your Next Stamp, Holiday Snowglobe set (snowflakes and To: From: stamps) from Your Next Stamp
Ink:  Adirondack Red Pepper, Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Recollections
Accessories:  baker's twine from The Twinery, Maya Road pom pom trim, Viva Decor white pearl paint, Copic markers, button, Fiskars border punch, Avery mailing tag, striped bag from Ribbon Carousel

1 comment:

wendy said...

very adorable idea! so cute love that stamp