Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hipping and Hopping with some Unity Phyllis Harris new release stamps!

Hello Unity Friends!  In case you didn’t notice, I was asked to stay as guest design for Unity for another month (yeah!!).  On today’s Hip Hop we’re showcasing six brand new Phyllis Harris stamp sets that are now available on the Unity Stamp Co. website! 

I have two masculine cards to share with you today using the boy stamps from the release.  Up first is a card I made with the “No.Fun” set.  Don’t you just love the look on this little guys face?  I kept my design simple on this one and added some embossing to the background kraft paper.  Even though this is a more masculine card I still think it’s o.k. to add a bow on top of the wood button I used LOL!


My second card today uses the “Wishing We’re Forever Friends” set.    When I first started colouring this image I was a bit perplexed on how to make the night sky look night-y (if that’s a word).  So I pulled out my chalks and applied some grey and black tones all over the sky.  It’s a great way to fill in a large area and I think I was able to achieve a sky look without having to use a ton of markers.  I added some little die cut stars to my image panel and some Stickles to make the stars and moon shimmer.


And how about a special??? 
The NEW RELEASE Bundle Pack is available for only $58 - Regular price - $96!


Supplies (boy and dog):
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Black Distress Ink
Papers: Fancy Pants Designs, Neenah cardstock
Accessories:  Spellbinder’s dies (bracket die cut, mini stars), button, Stickles, Copic Markers, Pebbles Inc. chalk,

Supplies (No fun):
Stamps:  Phyllis Harris No.Fun set from Unity Stamp Co.
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Brown Distress Ink
Papers: My Mind’s Eye, Michaels Craft paper, Neenah cardstock
Accessories: Twill ribbon, baker’s twin from The Twinery, wood button, Copic Markers, Sizzix embossing folder

Here’s a list of all of today’s participants in case you get/got lost along the way
Jen Roach - http://tennisgirl27.blogspot.ca/  (YOU ARE HERE!)

9 comments:

Andrea said...

awww- these cards are fabulous!!! so happy you are able to join us for another month!! xo

Jessica S said...

Gorgeous masculinity. Love the shading of the night-y sky and those dazzling little stars. Wonderful embellies and embossing!

Lisa H. said...

THESE are fantastic! loooove your No Fun card....it's so cool with all that texture and the second one is just as great. You are rockin' the Unity this month..glad you are hangin' with us.

michib said...

Love both your cards! the colouring and paper choices are great. Congratulations on staying on as Guest Designer with Unity another month - you do such great work!

Iris said...

Cute cards. Love those little boys and the dog! Iris

Nancy B. aka Jean said...

Totally in awe with your creations. I just love your No fun card. It screams all BOY! Prefect in every way.
And your Make a Wish card is darling. Love how you sewed the sides, and your coloring is right on.

Awesome Job on both cards!!

Linda said...

what very lovely cards. very cute and great colors.

Christine Pennington said...

Oh my word--your work is AMAZING! TFS

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Your coloring is fab and the papers are perfect with your designs...love them