Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Oh Happy Day! It's time for the annual Purple Onion Designs SALE SALE SALE!!

Hello friends!  Today I have a super cute (and easy) hybrid card to share with you using one of my favourite Stacey Yacula stamps and sentiment from Purple Onion Designs. 

If you haven't gotten your hands on these beauties yet, now is the perfect time as POD is celebrating their NINTH year in business and Michele is offering 25% off ALL stamps until August 26th (see graphic below for more details).

And now onto my card......


The starburst background on this card is actually a free digital paper offered up by the super duper talented Mel Stampz.  If you've never checked out her blog, get on over there as she has a TON of cool freebies/templates and is the master of cool tutorials!!  She also has some AMAZING Purple Onion Designs projects posted.

I printed and trimmed the starburst paper onto some cardstock, trimmed it a bit and zig zag stitched all along the "seams".  Due to my less than stellar sewing skills I think it took me longer to do the sewing than making a few more cards LOL!  but I do love the look I achieved.  I stamped the image and sentiment onto some white paper, coloured with my Copics and die cut before adhering over the disaster of a center of where all the stitches merged. 


Supplies:
Stamps:  Stacey Yacula Peep the bird from Purple Onion Designs, Stacey Yacula The Sweetest Day Sentiment Set from Purple Onion Designs
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers: Digital sunburst download from Mel Stampz blog, Georgia Pacific white cardstock, Neenah cardstock
Accessories:  Baker's Twine from the Twinery, Spellbinder's Die, button, Copic Markers

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Wow Jennifer this is fabulous what a stunning, fresh, card, great stitching and design well done hugs Elaine

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

This is SO gorgeous Jennifer. LOVE that little peep tag with the twine and the zigzaggy stitching is perfection (Man, have I ever got to learn how to use my old sewing machine on paper, already!) Tanks so much for the link love.